What Have You Bought Today?

So I had my Transporter HQ V3 LED lights fitted today, probably going to need some LED fog lights to match so they will be on my next batch of upgrades along with mats, LED number plate/ interior bulbs.

View attachment 259153View attachment 259152

Also I bought some new seat covers from THQ for the front seats ( can't see any for sale for the rear seats)............

View attachment 259154

And last but not least I bought a Forty Winks bed & mattress which should be here towards the end of next week.
Skint again hahaha.

I've just bought those lights and waiting for them to get fitted. How are you finding them.

Not what I have bought, but more of what I am going to buy.
Sometimes, with the bigger T6 purchases, you have to play the long game...

After dropping many hints over the last few months & having verbal help from a few fellow T6 forum members at recent gatherings, this morning I went for it :D

Cooked mrs moomin-j breakfast - proper bacon (@VanDamMan not that pretend plant based stuff :thumbsdown:) with nice soft bread cobs, c/w seeds.
Booked a table for Sunday dinner at a nice, local watering hole
Offered to drive to & from the local hostelry
Bought mrs moomin-j a nice big bottle of cold fizz when there
Discussed the very valid reasons why we needed to upgrade from 2 x 5yr old 100 amp lead acid batteries to lithium.
Then applied the Forum discount rules to the conversation
Changing to 2 x 160 amp of Roamer batteries - so no more electrical issues on cloudy days when solar is pants
Easier than I thought - the chief accountant readily agreed & understood the reasoning behind the request (@RoamerBatteries - get ready for an incoming order)

So... @AJCConversions - get that week before Christmas booked in the diary to install the things to Buster we discussed at Busfest & on the phone :cool:

Winner winner, chicken dinner, me thinks :)
Can't wait for 2025 camping trips.

Last edited:
I've just bought those lights and waiting for them to get fitted. How are you finding them.
I absolutely love them, went for LED dipped beam and nightbreaker main. The difference to the originals is quite big.
The guy that fitted them mentioned you wouldn't need to use main beam as the LED dipped beam was so good, but also won't dazzle traffic.

Sometimes you have to play the long game...

After dropping many hints over the last few months & having verbal help from a few fellow T6 forum members at recent gatherings, this morning I went for it :D

Cooked mrs moomin-j breakfast - proper bacon (@VanDamMan not that pretend plant based stuff :thumbsdown:) with nice soft bread cobs, c/w seeds.
Discussed the very valid reasons why we needed to upgrade from 2 x 5yr old 100 amp lead acid batteries to lithium.
Changing to 2 x 160 amp of Roamer batteries - so no more electrical issues on cloudy days when solar is pants
Easier than I thought - the chief accountant readily agreed & understood the reasoning behind the request (@RoamerBatteries - get ready for an incoming order)

So... @AJCConversions - get that week before Christmas booked in the diary to install the things to Buster we discussed at Busfest & on the phone :cool:

Well done matey, that was indeed a tough sell!

I absolutely love them, went for LED dipped beam and nightbreaker main. The difference to the originals is quite big.
The guy that fitted them mentioned you wouldn't need to use main beam as the LED dipped beam was so good, but also won't dazzle traffic.
I’ve got the same set up and had my ecu tweeked so the main beam says on when the high beam nightbreakers come on.

Smooth operator ;)

Been over to Sheffield to see Vamoose and had a multi rail fitted.

Great service, great people, great product, and British made too.

View attachment 243135

View attachment 243136
Hi

I'm looking at an awning rail such as vamoose instead of a Fiamma . My thinking is that it provides a rain gutter but also let me have a "sun" canopy and a drive away tent/awning as well, using a figure of 8 strip rather then a £700+plus Fiamma - is my thinking correct? What was the reason you chose it if I can ask ?

Thanks

Hi

I'm looking at an awning rail such as vamoose instead of a Fiamma . My thinking is that it provides a rain gutter but also let me have a "sun" canopy and a drive away tent/awning as well, using a figure of 8 strip rather then a £700+plus Fiamma - is my thinking correct? What was the reason you chose it if I can ask ?

Thanks
The only thing i always say to my customers is you don't want to have an awning rail fitted first and then want a windout awning as the windout has the channel built into the casing. meaning you've effectively paid for the multi rail twice if you do add a fiamma later on.

Always worth thinking about!

I had a similar one with the boss the other week.
Went to a local converters to inquire about a pop top & electrics setup. I tried to play it cool and just talked about what we could get, then out of nowhere she's talking about led lights here, retrim this and that in Alcantara there, then the big one. I'd carpet lined the van myself and have never been 100% happy with it. She then says I should just get it carpeted aswell! So basically a full rebuild! Result!

I had a similar one with the boss the other week.
Went to a local converters to inquire about a pop top & electrics setup. I tried to play it cool and just talked about what we could get, then out of nowhere she's talking about led lights here, retrim this and that in Alcantara there, then the big one. I'd carpet lined the van myself and have never been 100% happy with it. She then says I should just get it carpeted aswell! So basically a full rebuild! Result!
What a lady! Can she make Chocolate brownies to die for as well?!

I joined this forum to get help and tips and save money by doing stuff myself. Instead over the part few weeks it's been roamer 230ah seatbase battery, orion xs, transport hq smoked tail lights, 3rd brake light and indicators, alpicool fridge freezer, an absolute steal on some navis twin 5 alloys and a rhino boot liner.

You're all meant to be saving me money and not giving me ideas to spend more!!!

I joined this forum to get help and tips and save money by doing stuff myself. Instead over the part few weeks it's been roamer 230ah seatbase battery, orion xs, transport hq smoked tail lights, 3rd brake light and indicators, alpicool fridge freezer, an absolute steal on some navis twin 5 alloys and a rhino boot liner.

You're all meant to be saving me money and not giving me ideas to spend more!!!
Very happy you are doing your bit to keep the economy going. Let's talk about air awnings....

Back