What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Do you have to run one to the door from under the dash?
No the wires you need are behind the door card on each door. I just can't recall what they are.

@JOG did you say you got the puddle lights from @saxoboy , if so can you look at the instruction and share the wires that need to be tapped into mate?

No the wires you need are behind the door card on each door. I just can't recall what they are.

@JOG did you say you got the puddle lights from @saxoboy , if so can you look at the instruction and share the wires that need to be tapped into mate?
Are you sure you’re not stalking me?!! I’ve literally just been chatting to @saxoboy - remember, I only bought them at the weekend....they’ll land tomorrow, I reckon!

lol....love this forum @Texxaco woooow........I was eating tea!!.....no seriously good call....the wires you need to tap into for your red lights to work are....the thick red/ white wire (+ve) (both sides), leading to the window winder....and then on the passenger side, within the wires going to the door lock, the brown/ black wire (-ve) but on the drivers side just the black wire (-ve)

How's that?....worth waiting for :) ....be safe T6'ers :)

lol....love this forum @Texxaco woooow........I was eating tea!!.....no seriously good call....the wires you need to tap into for your red lights to work are....the thick red/ white wire (+ve) (both sides), leading to the window winder....and then on the passenger side, within the wires going to the door lock, the brown/ black wire (-ve) but on the drivers side just the black wire (-ve)

You mean you aren’t surreptitiously checking out this forum on your phone while you eat? Hmmm....just me then, eh?!!!

Picked up our first van today, kombi DSG. Booked in for pop top in March!
Can’t wait to get started with conversion, loving shopping for beds, kitchens etc, been considering getting a camper for a while and finally taken the plunge! Any tips for newbies gratefully appreciated

You mean you aren’t surreptitiously checking out this forum on your phone while you eat? Hmmm....just me then, eh?!!!
Nah not just you @JOG we all do it. And get bollocked for it.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG

Cheers @saxoboy

Are you sure you’re not stalking me?!! I’ve literally just been chatting to @saxoboy - remember, I only bought them at the weekend....they’ll land tomorrow, I reckon!
Those cameras are paying off now @JOG . No place to hide mate.

Picked up our first van today, kombi DSG. Booked in for pop top in March!
Can’t wait to get started with conversion, loving shopping for beds, kitchens etc, been considering getting a camper for a while and finally taken the plunge! Any tips for newbies gratefully appreciated
Congratulations. I picked up m kombi DSG at the beginning of December so just a month ahead of you in planning. You will find the answer to pretty much everything you need to know by searching this fab forum. My first job was to choose a converter to sound deaden, line out, install electrics, etc all the basics that I couldn't do myself. Have fun researching but book asap as most have a wait. Enjoy the research!

Last edited:
Congratulations. I picked up m kombi DSG at the beginning of December so just a month ahead of you in planning. You will find the answer to pretty much everything you need to know by searching this fab forum. My first job was to choose a converter to sound deaden, line out, install electrics, etc all the basics that I couldn't do myself. Have fun researching but book asap as most have a wait. Enjoy the research!
Thanks @Another planet, yes this group is great! Mostly contracting stuff out and doing a few bits ourselves, but info and experiences on here have been hugely useful
Enjoy your conversion and travels in yours!

I like this look, dare I say it, it might look even better a smidge lower?
Yea was thinking the same, that 1st photo does make the back look like it's sitting much higher than it is. I'll try and get a better side on shot

Last edited:
Back