What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Door card off job John ?

No, just like @JasonW 's post : Easy to fit... unscrew the originals and screw on the new ones...

To remove, they were tight all the way up, so used a small pair of grips with a cloth wrapped around for protection.
Righty tighty, lefty loosey 1611495535715.png:)
The discussion re which way round the logo stopped at, took longer than fitting them!!

I am still not sure they should face inwards, but Mrs moomin-j is happy and that is what counts (she says)... :thumbsup:

No, just like @JasonW 's post : Easy to fit... unscrew the originals and screw on the new ones...

To remove, they were tight all the way up, so used a small pair of grips with a cloth wrapped around for protection.
Righty tighty, lefty loosey View attachment 99995:)
The discussion re which way round the logo stopped at, took longer than fitting them!!

I am still not sure they should face inwards, but Mrs moomin-j is happy and that is what counts (she says)... :thumbsup:
Definitely face out for the admiring glances at your van and you are never going to look at them because you will be driving

I've just asked if @saxoboy will produce a combined Vw puddle & red door warning light combination that may run off 1 set of wires / relays / fuses etc.
Hope he can...
I was just going to combine puddle and warning light wires into single spades on each side. Won’t that do the trick?

Definitely face out for the admiring glances at your van and you are never going to look at them because you will be driving

That was my argument, but somehow Mrs moomin-j said that her thought process was better and turned my (what I thought was a) good idea around.

I just want an easy life & a cold beer or 2!!
Camping life is not for arguments or deep discussions.
I'd rather get drunk and talk rubbish to anyone willing to listen.

I was just going to combine puddle and warning light wires into single spades on each side. Won’t that do the trick?

I can't see why not, but Matt @saxoboy may produce an all singing, all dancing, all protecting, all in 1 kit that does both over 1 installation.
Or supply the relays / fuses to protect what has already been installed.

I am probably just being lazy in not doing it the way you suggest...

I can't see why not, but Matt @saxoboy may produce an all singing, all dancing, all protecting, all in 1 kit that does both over 1 installation.
Or supply the relays / fuses to protect what has already been installed.

I am probably just being lazy in not doing it the way you suggest...
Yep, I have both and was planning a single installation. @saxoboy any views Matt?

Yep, I have both and was planning a single installation. @saxoboy any views Matt?

Apologies Matt (@saxoboy) for bringing something to the open Forum that I only asked you in a PM not 30 mins ago.
It's not my intention to ask for extra work from you, if are already busy with other stuff.

I just got carried away with my tippy tappy fingers replying to questions from posts.
Sorry

Hey @JOG @moomin-j I actually think what you have thought about would be perfect for the v1 Puddle Lights...as long as the red door light is a 'normal' bulb and not LED then that will actually be great for the v1 kit as it will should take the drain from the LED that's in the Puddle Light.... @Texxaco what type of bulb is in your door light...the red one?

@Niknak yeah...I know what you mean, we had that in our last Cupra....they do look good...but I'm gonna step away from that design ;)

Hey @JOG @moomin-j I actually think what you have thought about would be perfect for the v1 Puddle Lights...as long as the red door light is a 'normal' bulb and not LED then that will actually be great for the v1 kit as it will should take the drain from the LED that's in the Puddle Light.... @Texxaco what type of bulb is in your door light...the red one?
It is an LED mate @saxoboy

DFB4AA0F-9ED1-43AD-941C-201103A86F02.jpeg

Nice 1, @Texxaco just out of interest....could you pull your puddle light out, shut your door and see if the puddle light still has a slight glow or not?? if its totally out with your new red led side door light then that's great...if it still has slight glow...we need to think about 'normo' bulb'ed lights for the v1 kit....LED's in V2...... @moomin-j if its just lamps and wire to add to v1's then that's a great and cheaper option ;) ...I can make and supply most things...so lets get some answers :)

Back