What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Got the blooming number plate lights working at last - what a stupid idea that barn door parts are different to the up and over door parts. Metal tape and sealant got the LED's working - hopefully no more blown bulbs.
Fitted one of 2 door card ambient lights - sure they will look more alive when dark.

View attachment 100051

View attachment 100052
How are the number plate lights different? I have the Travelin-Lite ones and one of mine is not working. When I fitted them to my barn doors I found they worked until I tightened the screws. I guess I need to loosen the screws a bit more

This bit:

“It was a Christmas pressie and came with everything, drill bit to the correct size, connectors, cable ties; everything. It was made up as a proper wrapped harness and was pretty good quality. Instructions were clear and easy to follow”

This bit:

“It was a Christmas pressie and came with everything, drill bit to the correct size, connectors, cable ties; everything. It was made up as a proper wrapped harness and was pretty good quality. Instructions were clear and easy to follow”

wasn't me that was @Daddio3750

what he was talking about is this....
I've just ordered one.
VW T6 Transporter Door Card LED Pocket Lights Interior Ambient Light Kit VW T6 Transporter Door Card LED Pocket Lights Interior Ambient Light Kit | eBay

How are the number plate lights different? I have the Travelin-Lite ones and one of mine is not working. When I fitted them to my barn doors I found they worked until I tightened the screws. I guess I need to loosen the screws a bit more
The terminal ends are actually in a different style. One is longer and the other is shorter and fatter. I queried it with my supplier and they knew of the problem. It’s all about what ones the VW group fitted at the time. For example barn doors are the same as Skoda, Passat and golf, but up and over doors are the same as Jetta, phaeton and anorak. For example. Don’t know if those compatible groups are correct

The terminal ends are actually in a different style. One is longer and the other is shorter and fatter. I queried it with my supplier and they knew of the problem. It’s all about what ones the VW group fitted at the time. For example barn doors are the same as Skoda, Passat and golf, but up and over doors are the same as Jetta, phaeton and anorak. For example. Don’t know if those compatible groups are correct
Was your solution to replace the lights or something else?

Managed to remove the Kombi seat fittings today by using 300mm m8 rods, easier than I thought didn't have to lower it fully to remove them.
Hopefully will put up full kombi seats/belts/flooring/brackets for sale soon!
9D6B60FE-3898-486C-BCA7-049C79BABCA6_1_105_c.jpeg
Then got all the 9mm packers stuck down and weighted
359ED0C2-8062-4EF9-AC8A-F50351F9BBE0_1_105_c.jpeg
Next week will be deadening/insulation then floor. Can get the units I put together at christmas in then!
2AF7CDCC-731B-4195-8930-C4FF703879FF_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Was your solution to replace the lights or something else?

Hi Andysmee.
All of the info that I found online indicated that the LED units that you can buy are suitable for barn doors only. So I went back to the original bulb holders, cleaned the pickup contacts on the van as I read that they can corrode/ oxidise preventing a good connection and then made the terminal on the bulb holder bigger by using some tin foil tightly wound until it was strong enough. Then I fitted LED replacement festoon bulbs. After some jiggling they worked! Nice to know I am not the only one having number plate light issues!!

Got to charge up the batteries by running Jr. to work this morning as Mrs Loz didn't want him riding he motorbike to the station.
I now need to order new wiper blades as these are shot. It didn't help having to rip them off the screen this morning though.

More sound deadening and pulling wiring for EHU and dc to dec charger through from the engine bay. And a bit of homeschooling.

Its been one of those days, dropped a torx key into the engine bay and haven't seen it since. Not entirely sure what to do with that one!
PXL_20210125_102218345.jpg

PXL_20210125_162150764.jpg
PXL_20210125_162153558.jpg

Back