What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

@moomin-j @saxoboy @Texxaco Thanks all for responding. Yep, I believe I will be using v1 of Matt’s puddle lights along with the warning lights you sent me! Thanks for doing the checks/tests for @saxoboy. I now understand @moomin-j enquiry about the combined wiring as I believe the v2 puddle lights are LED.
Now I just need a warm/dry day and a couple of hours free of ankle-biters (my delightful offspring!)

@moomin-j @saxoboy @Texxaco Thanks all for responding. Yep, I believe I will be using v1 of Matt’s puddle lights along with the warning lights you sent me! Thanks for doing the checks/tests for @saxoboy. I now understand @moomin-j enquiry about the combined wiring as I believe the v2 puddle lights are LED.
Now I just need a warm/dry day and a couple of hours free of ankle-biters (my delightful offspring!)
Do them at night like I did @JOG , kids in bed and quiet. Plus the bonus is you can see them working and that the VW sign is the right way up.

Got the blooming number plate lights working at last - what a stupid idea that barn door parts are different to the up and over door parts. Metal tape and sealant got the LED's working - hopefully no more blown bulbs.
Fitted one of 2 door card ambient lights - sure they will look more alive when dark.

WIN_20210124_16_06_51_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210124_16_07_09_Pro (2)_LI.jpg

Got the blooming number plate lights working at last - what a stupid idea that barn door parts are different to the up and over door parts. Metal tape and sealant got the LED's working - hopefully no more blown bulbs.
Fitted one of 2 door card ambient lights - sure they will look more alive when dark.

View attachment 100051
Is that one of those £30 ebay kits for the lights?

I disconnected passenger airbag and forgot about it. I turned on ignition and now the fault light is on. Does anyone know how to clear it please .?

I disconnected passenger airbag and forgot about it. I turned on ignition and now the fault light is on. Does anyone know how to clear it please .?
you need someone to clear the code.

you need someone to clear the code.
Thank you

Thinking of adding this, honest thoughts please?

2F874F96-B9FD-47B5-8A34-2333DB9B1C00.jpeg

Is that one of those £30 ebay kits for the lights?

yes it is. I had been mulling with the idea of making my own little harness, as it is so easy to play with LED systems these days (my kids are doing it at school on breadboards as part of computer tech - they program them afterwards) It was a Christmas pressie and came with everything, drill bit to the correct size, connectors, cable ties; everything. It was made up as a proper wrapped harness and was pretty good quality. Instructions were clear and easy to follow. Hardest thing i found was getting the door skin off as i was terrified of breaking clips or the panel.

Map link isn’t working on your attachment . Anyone in the Stockport area that can help clear it ?
Might be a VIP membership thing.....all part of the benefits of signing up. (Also helps with the server, hosting and software costs!)

Didn't you do your door handle in carbon wrap? If it matches then go for it, personally I think it will look fantastic :thumbsup:
Fair point @CAB I forgot about that! Though it might need wrapping to match?

Reactions: CAB
yes it is. I had been mulling with the idea of making my own little harness, as it is so easy to play with LED systems these days (my kids are doing it at school on breadboards as part of computer tech - they program them afterwards) It was a Christmas pressie and came with everything, drill bit to the correct size, connectors, cable ties; everything. It was made up as a proper wrapped harness and was pretty good quality. Instructions were clear and easy to follow. Hardest thing i found was getting the door skin off as i was terrified of breaking clips or the panel.
I've been umming and arring over that kit. think i'll give it a go. Thank you

Didn't you do your door handle in carbon wrap? If it matches then go for it, personally I think it will look fantastic :thumbsup:
Yeah I did the grab handles on the A pillars. Cheers @CAB for your honest feedback mate I was concerned it might look OTT.

Reactions: CAB
Back