What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

More importantly it’s nice to know it’s all set up right and you’re pointing straight ahead.... and not scrubbing out tyres! :thumbsup:
Yep! Hence my query on alignment/tracking! My local tyre fitter said tracking was a money-machine!

Excuse my ignorance but I’m never ashamed at asking stupid questions: is “alignment” and “tracking” the same thing? I guess that’s what my question on “handling v tyre wear” should have been.
Erm, not sure to be honest, i assume so yes. If the alignment is on the piss the tracking will be too. At least in my head it would be.

Not exactly today but in the last couple of weeks. Just need to finish the roof and sort the floor.

View attachment 100307View attachment 100308View attachment 100309
What colour did you go form
Erm, not sure to be honest, i assume so yes. If the alignment is on the piss the tracking will be too. At least in my head it would be.
No probs. I’m glad it’s not just me who gets confused with terms! I got my van In Sept and had CRS fix my suspension (ie do what Germany should have done in the first place!) and I’ve put new wheels and tyres on it. Thanks to lockdown, I haven’t done many miles. This is why I’ve been asking you and @T6ARF whether I should spend a few quid having it done! Unfortunately a tyre-fitter once told me that even rolling off the ramp can put tracking out again, and that comment stuck in my head!!!

What colour did you go form

No probs. I’m glad it’s not just me who gets confused with terms! I got my van In Sept and had CRS fix my suspension (ie do what Germany should have done in the first place!) and I’ve put new wheels and tyres on it. Thanks to lockdown, I haven’t done many miles. This is why I’ve been asking you and @T6ARF whether I should spend a few quid having it done! Unfortunately a tyre-fitter once told me that even rolling off the ramp can put tracking out again, and that comment stuck in my head!!!
I've always been lead to believe if you alter the geometry it should be checked as it will most likely be out. If i was you i would have it done, you don't want to spend all that money on new suspension and tyres to prematurely were them out. :confused:

Reactions: JOG
First impressions, handling feels more responsive. I have recently adjusted my suspension and fitted new wheels and tyres so wanted to make sure everything was set up right. The technician recommended i get it re done or at least checked every 4-6 months based on my mileage.
Not a surprise with that margin on it. So little to adjust on the transporter, there's good money in it for them

I fitted my spare wheel carrier, seeing as it came with a bottle of gunk and an inflator, can’t believe the bracket hinges on what can only be described as a BBQ skewer ?

not yet bought a spare wheel, but I’m hoping to get one before I can get out and about if this lock down thing ever ends ?

Excuse my ignorance but I’m never ashamed at asking stupid questions: is “alignment” and “tracking” the same thing? I guess that’s what my question on “handling v tyre wear” should have been.
I’m almost 100% sure they’re the same thing @JOG.... tracking is probably just a more old fashioned name for it!? :thumbsup:

I've read through this and can't find it. I'd like front fogs with main beam / full beam / high beam / blue light on the dash beam too.

I did it on my Amarok by disconnecting the fog lights, unticking them from VCDS, fitting a non-front foglight switch and rewiring them with a new relayed loom, triggered from main beam. I obviously lost the fog light function doing this, but I figured the vanity of having an extra set of lights to flash at your mates outweighed the pointlessness of fog lights for occasional fog.

FIXED MY LEAKING SIDE WINDOW!!!!!

After taking apart, cleaning, lubing, clearing drain holes etc had no effect, the final solution was to take the inner trim off the bottom of the window. There are a couple of 'reservoirs' adjacent to the drain holes which seem to be connected via a clear/white membrane. When I put water from a syringe against the window seal, the front drain hole seemed to get overwhelmed which caused an overflow. A small amount of Sikaflex applied and smoothed in between the ribbing of the bottom of the window frame has cured the leak. With all the rain and snow of the last couple of days, the interior is dry! 50ml of water from a syringe forced into the drain hole went straight outside!

After taking apart, cleaning, lubing, clearing drain holes etc had no effect, the final solution was to take the inner trim off the bottom of the window. There are a couple of 'reservoirs' adjacent to the drain holes which seem to be connected via a clear/white membrane. When I put water from a syringe against the window seal, the front drain hole seemed to get overwhelmed which caused an overflow. A small amount of Sikaflex applied and smoothed in between the ribbing of the bottom of the window frame has cured the leak. With all the rain and snow of the last couple of days, the interior is dry! 50ml of water from a syringe forced into the drain hole went straight outside!
Is that OEM sliding?
May have to try this. Its not terrible but shouldn't be any at all in my opinion.

Reactions: JOG
I've read through this and can't find it. I'd like front fogs with main beam / full beam / high beam / blue light on the dash beam too.

I did it on my Amarok by disconnecting the fog lights, unticking them from VCDS, fitting a non-front foglight switch and rewiring them with a new relayed loom, triggered from main beam. I obviously lost the fog light function doing this, but I figured the vanity of having an extra set of lights to flash at your mates outweighed the pointlessness of fog lights for occasional fog.
Is this the option your after (I'm guessing that this means fogs are on when tyou turn dlr's on)

Byte 23 bit 2 - when ticked fog lights work as DRLs

That’s brilliant! Leaky slider is a common issue I see on the forum. Got any pics? By the way, do you have an original or an aftermarket slider? You must have been chuffed when you tested it and saw it working as it should!!!

Is this the option your after (I'm guessing that this means fogs are on when tyou turn dlr's on)

Byte 23 bit 2 - when ticked fog lights work as DRLs
What I am looking for is when you put the main beam on the fogs come on also.
Only when main beam is on or you flash someone.

Last edited:
That’s brilliant! Leaky slider is a common issue I see on the forum. Got any pics? By the way, do you have an original or an aftermarket slider? You must have been chuffed when you tested it and saw it working as it should!!!
I don’t seem to have this one mine. I have OEM sliders although I don’t think they have ever been opened that often.

Back