What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I don’t seem to have this one mine. I have OEM sliders although I don’t think they have ever been opened that often.
I have OEM on my Cali and haven’t experienced issues. (I know, I have just jinxed myself now!!!) However, I have seen lots of comments on leaky sliders. I don’t use mine in this weather, but find it great when parked up in warm weather, especially when the dogs are in the van! (My precious pair of dogs would happily stay in the van, even when the sliding door was open, if I told them to stay! The pair we have now just look at me as if to say “foxtrot Oscar, we’ll do what we like!!!)

That’s brilliant! Leaky slider is a common issue I see on the forum. Got any pics? By the way, do you have an original or an aftermarket slider? You must have been chuffed when you tested it and saw it working as it should!!!
Very chuffed! It's a factory Kombi, so I assume they're original, although whether they've been replaced by the previous owner / VW is anyone's guess. I didn't take any pics, but I guess it's another thing to add to the list of leaky window fixes. I've had a few issues with it - been back to dealer 4 times since October to address door seals and gearbox oil leaks

Fitted the cnc aluminium pedals from Leigh @ leighdaviesmachining.com.

They are very good quality and come with everything you need to fit them. Even a bag of Haribo to chomp on whilst you’re fitting them ;)

Picture of them fitted below:

42C1AFD2-7A0C-4884-8C33-36B3CA57D4FA.jpeg

Last edited:
I only took out 3 screws under the glove box struggled to line the panel back up to screw them back in and caused a fault on my airbag. That would give me nightmares
Key thing to watch is making sure you don't reconnect or turn the ignition on whilst the airbag connections are undone or this will cause an issue that has to be cleared by VCDS :)

Back