What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I had a bit of a struggle with mine
Ended up using mole grips
They got damaged but doesn't matter if you're binning them anyway
Same here, mole grips and a cloth save damaging the crappy plastic ones.
I had to cut down the thread by a 1cm as my new door pins wouldn’t sit like the old ones.

They do now though.

Just installed the drivers heated seat aftermarket kit from eBay. Took about 3hrs and a challenge to get the switch to fit in the blanks in the dash. I haven't managed to wire up the illuminated light yet but should be straight forward. Heats up fast and looks really professional

Screenshot_20210131-170432_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210131-170422_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210131-170430_eBay.jpg

Fitted my speakers. (Absolut5 supplied)
They sound ace.....I was thinking about getting a sub before I fitted these and I'm glad I didn't. These things amped are much better than I thought any door speaker could be. Very happy!
Just having trouble trying to get the amp to fit in the dash anywhere........I'll will persevere.
View attachment 100644
Fitted my speakers. (Absolut5 supplied)
They sound ace.....I was thinking about getting a sub before I fitted these and I'm glad I didn't. These things amped are much better than I thought any door speaker could be. Very happy!
Just having trouble trying to get the amp to fit in the dash anywhere........I'll will persevere.
View attachment 100644
@Yzfr1- Absolut 5 installed my Kenwood Amp behind the upper glove box. Once the glovebox is removed, the amp can be placed just behind the metal support bar.

No speakers yet, will get some tweeters in eventually so not fixed down properly yet, looks better than the hole I think anyway, will have to drill through or might take out the 12v outlet and go through there
I've taken the 12v socket and looking to place my Bose Soundlink Bluetooth speaker in there, with power coming from the other dash 12v supply.

Removed my overhead cubby hole and sprayed it Gloss black, will reinstate when further mods completed.

The instructions are clear, although when you connect the t-taps make sure you connect them to the wiring as noted that goes to the electric window switches.

One other thing, place the lower LED here.

View attachment 100973

Hi Texxaco, did you place the upper LED as per my green arrow below? Also, did you do exactly the same on the passenger side or swap them opposite to the drivers side in order to not catch your eye whilst driving? Cheers.

32EE6835-9752-4FDC-A4CD-E79F1D5A6DFA.jpeg

Hi Texxaco, did you place the upper LED as per my green arrow below? Also, did you do exactly the same on the passenger side or swap them opposite to the drivers side in order to not catch your eye whilst driving? Cheers.

View attachment 101129
[/QUOTE
Hey @Dreynolds10 ,

Look at the green arrow in the Image I have attached. The LED sits on the vertical plastic, it’s difficult to put the LED in if you have big hands though.
Does that help?

603BD4E6-72C5-40A6-8BC9-28A29F5D7A5D.jpeg

@JasonW Have you noticed any reduction in engine noise since fitting the cover?
They are only thin plastic covers it wouldn’t impact on engine noise.
If your looking to reduce engine noise look at something like this.

I did boring things, fitted new roof bolts, fitted new door seals and sorted out my footwell lights so they go on and off with the interior lights.

Reactions: CAB
I did boring things, fitted new roof bolts, fitted new door seals and sorted out my footwell lights so they go on and off with the interior lights.
So, erm, you did a damn sight more than I did!

@DarrylDunn - No Darryl, certainly not noticeable anyway... It's purely to tidy up the engine bay for a more sleek and refined look.

@JasonW - as you have completed everything else, when are you doing the last thing to change in the engine bay?

The Skoda vrs Vw washer bottle cap swop -

Vw's offering:

Old Vw vrs new Skoda bottle cap (1).JPG

Skoda's offering, fitted to the T6:

Old Vw vrs new Skoda bottle cap (3).JPG Old Vw vrs new Skoda bottle cap (2).JPG

Raised the other front B14 after doing one on Friday. Decided it was too cold so left the rears til next weekend and went in to watch the football in front of the fire.

Good job I don't do F1 pitstops isn't it.

Back