What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I love them but you have to careful where you place the LED’s to get the best out of them.

The only issue I came across was the red safety lights that were LED wouldn’t work. Checked everything, replaced the LED’s with a standard bulb and they worked.
Did you have an LED clash? What if you swapped the wires?

Brilliant because I can burn water and I’ve just ordered some
The instructions are clear, although when you connect the t-taps make sure you connect them to the wiring as noted that goes to the electric window switches.

One other thing, place the lower LED here.

F9F8B580-344C-4107-9D2A-064527F26E06.jpeg

I got a load of EL wire from AliExpress a couple of years ago with the intention of putting it in the van, but I decided it would look crap so never did anything with it. It’ll probably end up in some sort of fancy dress for my granddaughter.
My wife’s BMW has LED through the car and to be fair it does look really good, although they are placed in the right areas. This is the key to LED lights, IMO!

My wife’s BMW has LED through the car and to be fair it does look really good, although they are placed in the right areas. This is the key to LED lights, IMO!
Yep mine has them, which is why I got them, but I quickly realised the trim has to be designed to integrate EL strips for them to look good and it would just look rubbish in a transporter. LEDs are easier, but I also went for orange in my door cards etc as it’s unobtrusive.

Did you have an LED clash? What if you swapped the wires?
Not sure, although no matter what i did I could not get the LED to illuminate once power was drawn for the door card LED’s.
All I can think is there wasn’t enough juice to power the LED’s.

I have one el strip visible in mine but only from low down, I use it for ambient around the gear lever console
Where did you draw the power for them @Andysmee?

I like them, were they in line LED‘s or are they LED rope? Be interested to know where you sourced them from.

I like them, were they in line LED‘s or are they LED rope? Be interested to know where you sourced them from.
It’s electroluminescent wire rather than LEDs, different technology and needs a different power source.

£1.38 25% Off | 2m/3m/5m LED Neon Light Flexible Glow EL Wire Rope Tube tape waterproof use for Shoes Clothing Car Decorative etc

It’s electroluminescent wire rather than LEDs, different technology and needs a different power source.

£1.38 25% Off | 2m/3m/5m LED Neon Light Flexible Glow EL Wire Rope Tube tape waterproof use for Shoes Clothing Car Decorative etc
Thanks @andys , how are you going to power them as the look like they are battery powered in the link?

(Too many andys!)
I don't remember where I got my EL wire from, it was left over from a project years ago. I drive the transformer module directly off the ambient feed, in fact I took it straight from the back of the dash dimmer switch and run across to the passenger side. It's only about 1.5m long

I'm going to do a write up when I move the puddle lights to the courtesy circuit

I'm going to do a write up when I move the puddle lights to the courtesy circuit
Mine are run from the electric window wiper circuit. Work a treat.

so the EL rope are 12v, happy days, that’s me ordering them too.

Mine are run from the electric window wiper circuit. Work a treat.

so the EL rope are 12v, happy days, that’s me ordering them too.
They’re not 12v but the transformer that connects to them accepts it. You will need a separate transformer for each separate string. The wire is fiddly to solder to.

Think carefully where you put them, see YouTube for some real horrors.

Back