What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Managed to get the roof up tonight. Leisure battery arrived today so hopefully have the down lights wired up this week

8E557DE9-4E25-4ED5-8D34-03E98226AF27.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Love the wooden floor @Ads_Essex. How easy was it to do mate?
So so - I’d never laid Karndean before and it was a learning experience. I used, based on research, epoxy resin as that will not be affected by low temperatures (which high temp can’t deal with, apparently) nor high temperatures. So far so good.
If you’re going to do it then treat the epoxy like Velcro - if you lay a plank down and then try and slide it in to place, it’ll slide itself back to where you placed it within a matter of minutes!
Read more here if it tickles your fancy.

So so - I’d never laid Karndean before and it was a learning experience. I used, based on research, epoxy resin as that will not be affected by low temperatures (which high temp can’t deal with, apparently) nor high temperatures. So far so good.
If you’re going to do it then treat the epoxy like Velcro - if you lay a plank down and then try and slide it in to place, it’ll slide itself back to where you placed it within a matter of minutes!
Read more here if it tickles your fancy.
Cheers @Ads_Essex .

Would you do it again if you had known the above?

Cheers @Ads_Essex .

Would you do it again if you had known the above?
Yes. It’s really tough to mark, and the options available from either Karndean or Amtico are heads and shoulders over what Altro etc offer for Lino-type floor coverings.

First trip this morning with my new THQ lights with LEDs fitted and quite impressed, the low beam is really good, though the high beam doesn’t add much, presumably because it’s a reflector. Doesn’t have much range and scatters most of its light to the sides so I think a set of Lazers is the next purchase.

The lamp out warning came on as soon as I used high beam as well, despite me coding it out for high beam as advised by THQ so I’ll have to have a look if I need to code out other lamp diagnostics.

they do look well on the van, I’m struggling like hell to find something to replace mine but the only ones I like need spacers or wrong off set or too wide.
I've looked at banded steels, but maybe I should just go with these, classic retro look ! I bought a Golf GTI 8V in the early 90’s and that came with steelies on just like them.

Its been a busy wet day.

Fitted OEM engine cover for TransporterHQ, that’s the engine bay completed ✔

Fitted the carbon fibre effect DSG gear knob sides

Fitted the door card storage trays with rubber Inserts from Van-X ✔

Fixed the leak on the tailgate, found out it was the cable for the rear dashcam as I fitted the cable under the tailgate seal, bad move. ✔

Started to to fit the Silent Coat 2mm door card sound deadening but rain got in the way. Half drivers side complete and fingers cut to shreds as the foil covering is bloody sharp.

Last but not least replaced the door card plastic fasteners as mine were knackered due to all the work on the doors recently. ✔

Busy day today but lovin it. ;)

Its been a busy wet day.

Fitted OEM engine cover for TransporterHQ, that’s the engine bay completed ✔

Fitted the carbon fibre effect DSG gear knob sides

Fitted the door card storage trays with rubber Inserts from Van-X ✔

Fixed the leak on the tailgate, found out it was the cable for the rear dashcam as I fitted the cable under the tailgate seal, bad move. ✔

Started to to fit the Silent Coat 2mm door card sound deadening but rain got in the way. Half drivers side complete and fingers cut to shreds as the foil covering is bloody sharp.

Last but not least replaced the door card plastic fasteners as mine were knackered due to all the work on the doors recently. ✔

Busy day today but lovin it. ;)
Good list of jobs done there. So glad you found the source of the water ingress

Good list of jobs done there. So glad you found the source of the water ingress
Yeah me too. School boy error on my part. Now I have to feed the cable through the rubber bellows that connect the tailgate to the van, not looking forward to that at all.

Yeah me too. School boy error on my part. Now I have to feed the cable through the rubber bellows that connect the tailgate to the van, not looking forward to that at all.
That’s a fun job, two hours, loads of patience, silicone spray, thin steel wire, torch, phone camera and one of those flexible grab tools helps.

I really couldn’t face this job so fitted my dash cam/ reversing camera under the rear bumper :thumbsup:

That’s a fun job, two hours, loads of patience, silicone spray, thin steel wire, torch, phone camera and one of those flexible grab tools helps.
Cheers for the heads up @DXX.

Once you got the wire through the bellows did you then feed the cable through one of the oblong holes in the top of the tailgate to get it to the camera?

Cheers for the heads up @DXX.

Once you got the wire through the bellows did you then feed the cable through one of the oblong holes in the top of the tailgate to get it to the camera?
I went through the nearside rubber bellows, down the side of the window and across the bottom of the window. From memory when routing it down the side of the window it can take two tracks, one which is just awkward and the other which seems impossible!
There maybe a better route but I doubt it. I would advise using bigger gauge cable with thick insulation as there is no protection from sharp edges in the tailgate and you will need to pull on the cable.
Once the cable is in place you can always run an insulation check to ground and a continuity test to make sure it didn’t get damaged during routing before finalising connections.

First trip this morning with my new THQ lights with LEDs fitted and quite impressed, the low beam is really good, though the high beam doesn’t add much, presumably because it’s a reflector. Doesn’t have much range and scatters most of its light to the sides so I think a set of Lazers is the next purchase.

The lamp out warning came on as soon as I used high beam as well, despite me coding it out for high beam as advised by THQ so I’ll have to have a look if I need to code out other lamp diagnostics.

I fitted these in my main beams when fitting the Lazers. I tried them before the Lazers went in and was very impressed at the improvements over halogens. I had tried to fit them months before, but gave up as it was a complete arse to do with the headlights in place. I wasn't going to bother, but as I was swapping the grille for the Lazers, it was easy enough to pop the headlights out.

where do you get the engine covers, have you a link please

i so want one of those :thumbsup:
Top one is oem so bit more expensive
Bottom one is aftermarket

Top man thank you, i gonna have one now lol

Yet another thing that should have been factory fit. I was quite shocked the first time I looked under the bonnet of my van and saw what a mess it looked.

Back