What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

DIY repair job on the rusty door sill rubber using Glanville black silicone sealant.

Cleaned the damaged area out, wiped it down and then applied the sealant and held it down with tape to help the adhesion.

Worth a go for a £5.99 and will see what it's like over time before decided whether to get a new one.

IMG_20210308_143547.jpg

IMG_20210308_143502.jpg

It looks really good, I’ve checked out that site and there’s hundreds of options so congrats for just being able to choose one!

I noticed your table has the brackets on to fit to the rail on the furniture in the van. Did you install these? Ours didn’t come with those, I guess this allows you to use it with just 2 legs down but what advantage does this give?

Fortunately I had a good idea what I was after before exploring. That said, the amount of different wood options gave me plenty of food for thought.

I got my converter to add the brackets so, as you suggest, it can be used with 2 legs down when attached to the rail within the van. I guess I could use it freestanding within the van, but as the rail came as part of the package (Unless I objected) it seemed a sound move and IME subsequent use has proven it to be a sturdier option. The length of the rail certainly covers all our preferred positions.

@cgtmiles Just remembered; It also has the advantage of providing one of the requirements when I applied for my V5 change.

Last edited:
@Texxaco - This job is next on my list whilst I install Saxoboys kit.
What lights did you choose for the door pockets? Any link would be helpful.
Here you go, I linked them into the door kit I purchased from @saxoboy, really easy although you will have to drill holes.

7BD76119-7BA1-4F59-B3E1-FBDD584987C1.png

Just a Deflating and tiring day....:cry:

Was supposed to have a new set of all season tyres fitting ...Michelin Cross + ....but can’t believe there on back order....thats after waiting 8 weeks for the wheels.....so now I feel for you guys and girls waiting for your new vans....has the world gone mad o_O

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Back to the subject of door pocket lights, for those that didn't know and might be interested, the Velle Exec comes with these and also one behind the door handle.

IMG_20210308_173554.jpg

DIY repair job on the rusty door sill rubber using Glanville black silicone sealant.

Cleaned the damaged area out, wiped it down and then applied the sealant and held it down with tape to help the adhesion.

Worth a go for a £5.99 and will see what it's like over time before decided whether to get a new one.

View attachment 107325

View attachment 107326
Clever - please let us know how the repair holds

Good luck! It didn’t last when I tried this, before long it was back :(

Hmmm, in the time it took me to hoover out the van, the offside one had missed up again, so obviously I'd not got all of the moisture out, so I did it again, only this time with the Henry nozzle fashioned over the bulb hole. Fingers crossed.

Finished towbar wiring, rerouted my ehu and wired correctly thumbs up to the twonk that fitted that, run feed from e box to under drivers seat to feed towbar and any auxiliaries in future, replaced the silver hinge pop top bolts for black to blend in and then refitted my bumper protector

Back