What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

How did u fix them to the doors? Is there a velcro strip on the back ?
I removed the door cards and used some large washers and short bolts for the top (inside bag) and at the bottom bent a bit of flat tubing at a right angle bolted and again through door card. This takes the weight of the chairs on the door. Bolted bottom of bag through tubing and then covered front of tube with rubber caps ( see photo's above caps just visible.

Removed one of the rear adjuster rings out of my B14 set up.

Front now as low as it can go and rear wound all the way down with only one ring.

Of course, the front now sits too high, so I’ve got T6 top mounts ready to fit next to hopefully even it up.

I can’t imagine how low the rear would be with the adjuster completely removed!!

Snapped the head off a rear ARB bolt in the process FFS.

A3CC1653-1ACA-44A0-9A01-53B5D23C2BA7.jpeg

1st MOT due next week and the front disc's were totally shot from no camping action during lock down..
I resisted the arbitrary caliper painting and blasted on a new set of discs & pads.
20210306_142714.jpgAll sparkles for next week

Removed the drivers inner door card and sound proofed the door skin plus added sound deadening foam. All buttoned up and both doors now done alone with the scuttle and wheel arches.

Next on the list both front steps

Reactions: CAB
I am considering fitting the van x glove box to get rid of the hole. What is the match like to the standard Matt grey dash, & are they worth the money?
Finished the audio upgrade, the amp this time. Much, much cleaner sound.

View attachment 107080

While I was there I installed @saxoboy 's LED footwell lighting I got from @Jongall , easy to do and great instructions, recommended.

View attachment 107081
nice job
I’ve been looking at those kenwood Amps, where did you pick the power up for it ?
Cheers

nice job
I’ve been looking at those kenwood Amps, where did you pick the power up for it ?
Cheers
If you get it from @Absolut5 Jason supplies it with the loom already fitted, just unplug the head unit and plug the loom in.

Fiddly to get it in and get all the looms through to the head unit, but I would think having it prewired cuts out a lot of hassle.

Started to empty it out. Decided it is time to sell it and get something else that doesn’t mind sitting on the driveway not being used and depressing me.

Still got some stuff to remove like swivel base, side bars and dash cam but it’s looking pretty bare now. Putting the original number
plate on it seemed to finialise things. Will have a few bits to sell as well as the van.

@JOG your going to wash her mini ?
Yeah! I’ve been wearing it all weekend and I might have stained it! Good job I didn’t borrow her muff in this cold weather, eh?!! I might have made a right mess of that!

Started to empty it out. Decided it is time to sell it and get something else that doesn’t mind sitting on the driveway not being used and depressing me.

Still got some stuff to remove like swivel base, side bars and dash cam but it’s looking pretty bare now. Putting the original number
plate on it seemed to finialise things. Will have a few bits to sell as well as the van.
Are you replacing it or abandoning us?

Ah! The old Beetle?

Keeping Percy the ‘68 Bug and swapping the T6 for something sub 2k - run it til it breaks kind of thing, don’t matter if it gets dinged in the car park, no need to spunk every penny on van mods and repeat....

Keeping Percy the ‘68 Bug and swapping the T6 for something sub 2k - run it til it breaks kind of thing, don’t matter if it gets dinged in the car park, no need to spunk every penny on van mods and repeat....
Understandable and probably good thinking! Stick a parts list up here of what your selling!

Back