What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Removed the drivers inner door card and sound proofed the door skin plus added sound deadening foam. All buttoned up and both doors now done alone with the scuttle and wheel arches.

Next on the list both front steps
@Texxaco You can insert 10mm foam into the plastic step like this. Push down on the foam with the step to get an impression showing where to cut.
Other spaces are filled with strips from leftover foam.
1615144619136.jpeg

Swapped my front foglight bulbs for led, have the factory LEDs and the puny yellow factory foglights just looked rubbish

I'm not hugely technical but they were a doddle to swap out - literally 5 mins to do both - this is a pic halfway through, obviously in daylight and with the phone camera it's not as apparent, but with the naked eye it's night and day

View attachment 106221
What lamps did you use! Any dash warning pop up?

@Texxaco You can insert 10mm foam into the plastic step like this. Push down on the foam with the step to get an impression showing where to cut.
Other spaces are filled with strips from leftover foam.
View attachment 107214
Super idea and thanks for the tip @DXX Need to order some more foam and Dynamat Extreme as I have used it all already.

Upgraded the blue LED’s that I put in the door cards to light up the pockets, way better.
Also washed the Floyd and cut the 10 foot high hedges, to make up spending all my weekend in the van. :thumbsup:
Forgot to give a :thumbsup: to @Niknak for the link to the brighter LED’s.

A4555A8A-A6E9-424D-9F9E-D1AE6425A64D.jpeg

Last edited:
PXL_20210307_201749119.jpg
Fitted the kombi floor today only to have to remove it tonight as it is so wet I'm worried it will create a rust problem. I think the seller had it sitting on his patio in the rain for a while. At least with the slots cut in it, it should dry out in the house

View attachment 107264
Fitted the kombi floor today only to have to remove it tonight as it is so wet I'm worried it will create a rust problem. I think the seller had it sitting on his patio in the rain for a while. At least with the slots cut in it, it should dry out in the house
Loving that @Andysmee, this is a mod I can’t wait to do. Options on where the seat/bed is sited. Perfect Alround solution.

Can I ask how difficult it was to install?

Loving that @Andysmee, this is a mod I can’t wait to do. Options on where the seat/bed is sited. Perfect Alround solution.

Can I ask how difficult it was to install?
It looked easy ;) , I was mainly drinking tea and on work meetings

What lamps did you use! Any dash warning pop up?

I got these - no issues whatsoever with messages etc - look great but I don't think they provide as much light as I expected, I can't get them to come on without the headlights at the same time so hard to tell

Philips Ultinon Pro9000 LED Fog H8/H11/H16 (Twin)

Covered up the uninspiring original grey top on my Loc8 table. ‘Sticker’ obtained from:

Thanks to whoever put the original link up, massive online choice, easy to apply and very pleased. Recommended... :thumbsup:

7C1E881E-DD72-4FDE-8FA3-32AE624AB7BB.jpeg
D1280FD0-04DD-411C-A5B5-9E83B90E4E03.jpeg

Covered up the uninspiring original grey top on my Loc8 table. ‘Sticker’ obtained from:

Thanks to whoever put the original link up, massive online choice, easy to apply and very pleased. Recommended... :thumbsup:

View attachment 107294
View attachment 107295
That is so realistic looking! Great job. How did you edge it?

That is so realistic looking! Great job. How did you edge it?

Thanks, it does look spot on. I ordered the rectangular ‘sticker’ 1cm larger on all sides. Flipped it over on a workbench, then used a fresh scalpel blade, it is actually sitting flush, there is no ‘lip’ as such. The ‘sticker’ was very easy to work with.

Last edited:
Upgraded the blue LED’s that I put in the door cards to light up the pockets, way better.
Also washed the Floyd and cut the 10 foot high hedges, to make up spending all my weekend in the van. :thumbsup:
Forgot to give a :thumbsup: to @Niknak for the link to the brighter LED’s.

View attachment 107263
@Texxaco - This job is next on my list whilst I install Saxoboys kit.
What lights did you choose for the door pockets? Any link would be helpful.

You’re braver than me. Is there coding to be done after you’ve installed them?
Not that I’m aware of, I’ve got a linking setup that should enable my key fob to work with it when unlocked I’ll keep you updated on the progression hoping to be finished mid week

View attachment 107294
View attachment 107295
It looks really good, I’ve checked out that site and there’s hundreds of options so congrats for just being able to choose one!

I noticed your table has the brackets on to fit to the rail on the furniture in the van. Did you install these? Ours didn’t come with those, I guess this allows you to use it with just 2 legs down but what advantage does this give?

Back