What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Hi and well done But did you not look at Combe Valley campers Video on U tube before starting your Cable run it's always worth having a swat up before starting projects... they give plenty of tips and short cuts might save you some time searching the route.
Hi Mud,

Thanks for the tip! I was following a tutorial video but not from Combe Valley.

All the best!

Fitted a vanstyle bonnet deflector today, top tip;- don't follow the fitting instructions, best method is fit the bonnet clips to the bonnet first, then screw the deflector to the bonnet clips, save yourself a lot of pain and sore thumbs
IMG_3099.jpg

@twotone2. Looks good - Do you know if it would be easily removable if you wanted to take it off to wash and polish? I ask as I've never really liked the idea of those that stick on permanently with double sided tape.

@twotone2. Looks good - Do you know if it would be easily removable if you wanted to take it off to wash and polish? I ask as I've never really liked the idea of those that stick on permanently with double sided tape.
yes, should be quite easy to remove the 7 screws and then lift off the deflector

Fitted a vanstyle bonnet deflector today, top tip;- don't follow the fitting instructions, best method is fit the bonnet clips to the bonnet first, then screw the deflector to the bonnet clips, save yourself a lot of pain and sore thumbs
View attachment 147769
Ok, so these are quite popular - but what actual function do they serve beyond style? Genuine question - not being sarcastic

They protect the edge of the bonnet from stone chips. They also deflect the airflow up from the windscreen so that bugs will go over the roof, rather than splatting on the glass.

They protect the edge of the bonnet from stone chips. They also deflect the airflow up from the windscreen so that bugs will go over the roof, rather than splatting on the glass.
Thanks, is the difference really apparent? Are there far fewer bugs? Does it affect rainfall as you drive along?

I don't think it affects rainfall. That's to do with how full the clouds are.
Oh, really.
Does it change how much rain hits the windscreen when it’s falling from the clouds in the sky? What about on those days when it’s damp enough to make the screen dirty but not enough to keep the wipers on? Thanks.

Back