What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I'm pretty sure it will be because the mirror mod does not have the little indicator that can be seen from behind the door mirror so you have a blind spot from which an indicator can be seen, you would need to do an additional little mod, or get the mirrors that have the indicator in.

View attachment 147929
MOT on Saturday so I will ask the tester for his thoughts.

not today but yesterday, replaced the rear arm bushes with powerflex adjustable ones. not the handiest of jobs.

I have today fitted multi coloured flexible LED strip lights to the underside of our Fiamma F45s wind out awning, Any of 640,000 possible LED colours can be selected. from the supplied rotary remote control.
The supplier assembled the lights to order, supplying IP67 rated waterproof light strips at my request and to the length I requested. They wired on the controller as part of the service. All I had to do was connect up to a 12V supply and stick the strip lights in place using the pre-attached 3M tape.
I placed the order Friday afternoon, it was assembled Monday & delivered to me Tuesday morning, an excellent service at a very reasonable price of £38 delivered (far cheaper than Fiamma's own standard "all white" LED version or other campervan versions that I have seen advertised) .
I can't recommend the supplier highly enough

Hi Irvine. Just seen your post from 2020 regarding the lights on the fiamma. How have they stood the test of time any any pics please cheers

The mirror repeater? Still got the one behind the glass?

Nah that’s gone, going to delete the wing indicator next on both sides.

Remember to put them back in at MOT time, just in case.

Don’t think they are an MOT fail risk if they are deleted

When you see the sort of side repeaters that people put onto kit cars to comply, I'd say as long as there is something on the side, they'll pass.

I'm not sure that the little tiddly LED inside the mirror housing would be overly noticeable by other traffic. I always thought it was there as another reminder to the driver that in indicator is on.

MOT on Saturday so I will ask the tester for his thoughts.

I’ve been doing a bit of research. It seems a bit complicated, but I think you should be ok.
I think the fact it’s in the mirror housing means it’s just as compliant as it was when it was within the wing.
Looking good, @Texxaco, what will you cover the hole with? I did wonder if I could have reused the repeater as some kind of side light for when camping etc, but CBA in the end :whistle:

I think the fact it’s in the mirror housing means it’s just as compliant as it was when it was within the wing.
Looking good, @Texxaco, what will you cover the hole with? I did wonder if I could have reused the repeater as some kind of side light for when camping etc, but CBA in the end :whistle:
I believe it will be deemed compliant as you can see the mirror repeater from the front and the side.

I believe it will be deemed compliant as you can see the mirror repeater from the front and the side.
Its strange though how I can only find the little led in the rear of the mirror (like in my pic) on cars that have OEM mirror mounted indicators and I cant find one on a car that has a wing mounted indicator. This makes me think it cant be a reminder to the driver that the indicator is on, or it would be on all mirrors.

Its strange though how I can only find the little led in the rear of the mirror (like in my pic) on cars that have OEM mirror mounted indicators and I cant find one on a car that has a wing mounted indicator. This makes me think it cant be a reminder to the driver that the indicator is on, or it would be on all mirrors.
Sorry I missed your post -
I'm pretty sure it will be because the mirror mod does not have the little indicator that can be seen from behind the door mirror so you have a blind spot from which an indicator can be seen, you would need to do an additional little mod, or get the mirrors that have the indicator in.

View attachment 147929
Food for thought. Not sure what the thoughts from MOT testers are in regards to seeing it from the rear quarter. @Texxaco let us know

I think that I'd use a Bulli badge from the opposite side.

Back