What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

@twotone2
Fitted a vanstyle bonnet deflector today, top tip;- don't follow the fitting instructions, best method is fit the bonnet clips to the bonnet first, then screw the deflector to the bonnet clips, save yourself a lot of pain and sore thumbs
Do you think the clips will mark the paintwork? I have a long trip to Europe next month and I was thinking of fitting one just for the trip and removing afterwards but I don’t want to leave marks where the clips are?
I suppose I also could fit small pieces of helicopter tape first to protect the paint where the clips fit.

Do you have any insulation or sound dead under the carpet? Insulating mine soon and been looking at fill height rear quarter panels but this looks nice without however doubt I can get the effect with it insulated
I’ve put Both the dodo 6mm foam and the dodo silver Hex type mat , wear gloves if using the silver backed hex stuff

I will be using full height rear panels , those are only temporary, I tried to make a template for the upper part but gave up and just bought the full panels

Last edited:
I’ve put Both the dodo 6mm foam and the dodo silver Hex type mat , wear gloves if using the silver backed hex stuff

I will be using full height rear panels , those are only temporary, I tried to make a template for the upper part but gave up and just bought the full panels
Thanks for that Confirmed my thinking around it

@twotone2

Do you think the clips will mark the paintwork? I have a long trip to Europe next month and I was thinking of fitting one just for the trip and removing afterwards but I don’t want to leave marks where the clips are?
I suppose I also could fit small pieces of helicopter tape first to protect the paint where the clips fit.
We'll find out, I have a long trip to Great Yarmouth today and a tour around Suffolk, let you know

Oh, really.
Does it change how much rain hits the windscreen when it’s falling from the clouds in the sky? What about on those days when it’s damp enough to make the screen dirty but not enough to keep the wipers on? Thanks.
I regularly use RainX on my vehicle windscreens. It's brilliant at making the rain bead on the windscreen and vastly improves visibility. Always amusing seeing the rain run up your windscreen when driving at speed.

Don’t think they are an MOT fail risk if they are deleted
I'm pretty sure it will be because the mirror mod does not have the little indicator that can be seen from behind the door mirror so you have a blind spot from which an indicator can be seen, you would need to do an additional little mod, or get the mirrors that have the indicator in.

4E12A4A1-B969-475C-B9ED-5CD558381C47.jpeg

Last edited:
Stripped the whole back today. Getting ready to put some insulation in. Leaning towards silentcoat on the flooring and silentcoat & sheep wool as insulation for the walls. Not sure about using the battens. Was thinking just to use the six mounting holes for the factory brackets to hold the whole plate down...

IMG_9941 2.JPG

Rock and roll bed fitted and started de badging. Have removed all the badges from the right hand side of the tailgate (there were quite a few!! T32,4motion,204 and TDI) and also got rid of the 4motion decals from the side
Before
IMG-20220120-WA0033.jpg

After20220305_160332.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t think they are an MOT fail risk if they are deleted
When you see the sort of side repeaters that people put onto kit cars to comply, I'd say as long as there is something on the side, they'll pass.

I'm not sure that the little tiddly LED inside the mirror housing would be overly noticeable by other traffic. I always thought it was there as another reminder to the driver that in indicator is on.

Back