What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

new THQ uprated struts to sort the sagging tailgate. as expected its a little stiff with no bike rack but perfectly fine. If it gets too much in the summer ill stick a 900N one back on, 2 minute job.

I plan to make my own chair pod in the future so i didn't want to drop £120 on OEM 985N struts which would have been better in the meantime.

IMG_20221220_130317.jpg

Fitted some sidebars from VanPimps. I had the ramp for a couple of days, so there’s other stuff too which I’ll write up once I’ve tested it. Not the underbody LEDs sadly, they are part of the ramp!

617CA011-3E04-4108-B8A8-446D1BF1BF9E.jpeg

I totally agree , I’m hoping the decent ventilated lid won’t allow fumes out , otherwise I’ll try a vent pipe , everyday is a school day
If you don’t want to drop the tank again why not fit the T Piece to the return line? Literally a 5-10 min job

Went out in the van and the Ecoflow wasn’t charging from ignition live.

Took the lid off the box where it lives (3x screws), fiddled about with the wires, checked I was getting 13ish volts at the socket and I was.

Plugged it back in and it started charging again, so put it all back together.

Drove the van again later in the day, not charging, so after tea I went back out to check wires again and before I touched anything started engine, looked at the app and it was charging again.

So none the wiser :rolleyes::confused:

A web search shows that some people have had issues with the car charger plug that plugs into the vehicle getting hot/melting and have hard wired an XT60 to bypass the cig lighter socket so might try that.
Try reducing the current in the Ecoflow app to 4 volts and see if that works without any issues. (The plug/socket will be much cooler at 4A then 8A.

If you don’t want to drop the tank again why not fit the T Piece to the return line? Literally a 5-10 min job
I read the thread regarding this T and I thought people started getting issues due to a non return valve in the line and an unknown depth of the return line in the tank ?

I read the thread regarding this T and I thought people started getting issues due to a non return valve in the line and an unknown depth of the return line in the tank ?
Yes, return line has a non-return valve.

Dropping the tank is less difficult than it sounds. I’ve done it on two vans now - my old T5 on levelling ramps by the kerb (miserable experience), and this week on the new van on a proper workshop ramp. Using the ramp made it very straightforward.

@Saffa365 not sure i would want a diesel tank inside the van. Think I’d be worried about fumes.
TBH, I would be more concerned with the potential for spillage every time I filled it up. Even the odd drip would be near impossible to clean off the carpet lining or mat and would stink the van out. That said, the install is very neat and tidy.

Back