What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Had a spare and a dry day so i was able to pop off the panels and roof in the rear ready to insulate. Also put some wires in for some cargo lights below the bed and some into the tailgate with a fishwire for the future. Bit of PITA to get round the rubber but thanks to the forum, I was able to sort it.
Q-Do the exsisting sticky panels need removing before fitting the dodo panel pads????
20230108_155020.jpg20230108_155031.jpg20230108_142933.jpg20230108_142930.jpg

Thought I'd share what I've done on my van this weekend. I bought a van shade window pod thing for my sliding door and have put some pockets in. Cut out most of the wood etc on my CNC then cut some holes, stuck on some carpet and screwed it all together. Mistakes have been made, but it's such an awkward panel to hold up and measure something was bound to go wrong. Am fairly happy with the results except now the outside handle doesn't open once you've locked and unlocked, needs to be opened from the inside the first time. No idea what's going on but haven't had time to pull it all apart and look :-/

IMG20221219181458.jpgIMG20221221173121.jpgIMG20221221173221.jpgIMG20230107114150.jpgIMG20230107142915.jpgIMG20230109134209.jpg

Thought I'd share what I've done on my van this weekend. I bought a van shade window pod thing for my sliding door and have put some pockets in. Cut out most of the wood etc on my CNC then cut some holes, stuck on some carpet and screwed it all together. Mistakes have been made, but it's such an awkward panel to hold up and measure something was bound to go wrong. Am fairly happy with the results except now the outside handle doesn't open once you've locked and unlocked, needs to be opened from the inside the first time. No idea what's going on but haven't had time to pull it all apart and look :-/

View attachment 184531View attachment 184532View attachment 184533View attachment 184534View attachment 184535View attachment 184536
That looks great. Just check the clearance of the rear wheel arch when open so it's not rubbing the paintwork.

Reactions: Bav
That looks great. Just check the clearance of the rear wheel arch when open so it's not rubbing the paintwork.
While I checked clearance on sides this is something I didn't check, luckily there's about 2mm. If I ever do again I'll definitely be making adjustments. I'm having it sprayed two tone next year so I should know by then if it has rubbed.

Also I sorted my lock problem, seemed to be the bottom front tech screw was pushing down on something, failure on van shades imo as either in wrong place or too long

Finally finished my diesel heater install today on our T6.1, I dropped the tank cut off the nipple on top of the fuel pump connected my push fitting which I bought off EBay, connected fuel line and clipped it along the fuel tank fired the diesel heater up whilst the tank was still on the ground to test the fittings. Refitted fuel tank, adblue pipes, side and tank covers and finally finished the project and I’m completely cream crackered.

John.

Finally finished my diesel heater install today on our T6.1, I dropped the tank cut off the nipple on top of the fuel pump connected my push fitting which I bought off EBay, connected fuel line and clipped it along the fuel tank fired the diesel heater up whilst the tank was still on the ground to test the fittings. Refitted fuel tank, adblue pipes, side and tank covers and finally finished the project and I’m completely cream crackered.

John.
Great work John

John.
Hopefully a smug, self-satisfied sort of cream-crackered. :cool:

Back