What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Clear vinyl rear bumper protector done today at invisible Patterns in leigh top job and its proper tough stuff I've had one on my old van for 8 1/2 years and it's been abused thinking of going back to have the bonnet done soon

Fitted a rear dashcam yesterday and today I've put in the rubber seal over the 'chasm of doom' between dashboard and windscreen as well as hard wired in my solar controller, made up and fitted all associated wiring and tried out my renogy folding panel. Electrics are totally not my thing so a massive shout out to @Dellmassive for his 'how to' guide. :thumbsup: And I am pleased to report I didn't set fire to my van. Things are looking up. I've also booked my first little trip away, just a couple of nights in the New Forest on Sunday. Just to try everything out. Can't wait. :cool:

While I checked clearance on sides this is something I didn't check, luckily there's about 2mm. If I ever do again I'll definitely be making adjustments. I'm having it sprayed two tone next year so I should know by then if it has rubbed.

Also I sorted my lock problem, seemed to be the bottom front tech screw was pushing down on something, failure on van shades imo as either in wrong place or too long
Do you have any more details about the fault as mine plays up randomly. Only seems to be since I fitted the plywood with carpet so no new screws. Thank you.

Washed it, first time since late September, every time I've had a day off it's been either raining or bright sunlight.
Got up this morning, looked out of the window and thought "yay, I can wash the van at last"
You guessed it, half way through and it started pi$$ing down, this weather's not funny anymore.

Washed it, first time since late September, every time I've had a day off it's been either raining or bright sunlight.
Got up this morning, looked out of the window and thought "yay, I can wash the van at last"
You guessed it, half way through and it started pi$$ing down, this weather's not funny anymore.
at least you didn't have to rinse it off :thumbsup:

Bought a 3d printer last year and started making things for the camper van. Other than the table-top and red strapping, everything else is printed. Very pleased with result, just need to tidy up spare strapping.
IMG_1550.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi all another update from today
Firstly had a few samples through in regards soundproofing think if I keep ordering another 8 months enough to do the whole van
Apart from that took the first big step in my conversion and dropped the t6.1 into cosmic campers Derby to have poptop electric work and windows fitted
I must say that up till now the service has been spot on a great little bit of software to track any quotes and questions back and forward
I was greeted today and we discussed all of the works
So will keep you up dated on progress as vanny goes though it’s transformation
871F8C50-B4D3-40AF-BC7D-6454677104B7.jpeg437C5E30-C755-49BD-9DE9-AA422A0359A0.jpeg0D892685-B40E-4332-A23F-F1D4F036A03F.jpegE539B992-8D1A-4036-A6F0-6284A7AC600A.jpeg871F8C50-B4D3-40AF-BC7D-6454677104B7.jpeg437C5E30-C755-49BD-9DE9-AA422A0359A0.jpeg0D892685-B40E-4332-A23F-F1D4F036A03F.jpegE539B992-8D1A-4036-A6F0-6284A7AC600A.jpeg

Hi all another update from today
Firstly had a few samples through in regards soundproofing think if I keep ordering another 8 months enough to do the whole van
Apart from that took the first big step in my conversion and dropped the t6.1 into cosmic campers Derby to have poptop electric work and windows fitted
I must say that up till now the service has been spot on a great little bit of software to track any quotes and questions back and forward
I was greeted today and we discussed all of the works
So will keep you up dated on progress as vanny goes though it’s transformation

I just installed this awesome awning rail - it uses the stock roof bolts and it’s so inconspicuous. Very happy.

EF53E2F9-29FA-4137-82A4-8236038236A7.jpeg
BC427DCE-7A95-44B5-8929-EA04CB2ED176.jpeg

It’s from here:

I’ll be using it with the new “Awning One” from Stiches and Steel:

I just installed this awesome awning rail - it uses the stock roof bolts and it’s so inconspicuous. Very happy.

View attachment 184829
View attachment 184830

It’s from here:

I’ll be using it with the new “Awning One” from Stiches and Steel:

It's great isn't it. I have the same and followed the suggested guide on how to fit it. Although I think I'm going to add some Invisi tape along the edge of the van to avoid any surface a scratches. Probably not noticeable on a white van but can see some tiny ones on my starlight blue.

Back