What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I’ve finished refurbishing another alloy wheel to remove the dreaded wheel worm. I’ve done two now and it’s one of those jobs I wish I’d never started. My back is knackered.
Going to get some wheel sealer/polish tomorrow and get them ready to put back on the van. Then I can make a start on the other two.

Before
63497411-02DD-4B05-AA05-D534F0E994C5.jpegCAE376DE-E7D7-466B-A8DA-9B5F10520184.jpeg

After
D4107818-2BCF-42E4-927F-2A580C7A45C5.jpegFD1AD2BD-1982-4DB3-827A-024E5D8CDC5C.jpeg

Charged up the Ecoflow by running an extension lead out from the garage whilst washing and drying the outside and hoovering the inside.

Ready for journey to work tomorrow morning and chilling out in the car park for an hour watching YouTube before walking in to the usual shitshow.

Reactions: CAB
Replaced my rear EGR pipe during the week after an MOT failure. VW wanted £470 for the privilege, but sold me the parts for £165 and I got it done in a couple of hours. Much less space than in the videos I watched, I’m guessing due to being a 204 ‘velle!

3452658A-890D-4547-B15B-6F3AE4AB9C6E.jpeg

More interestingly for folks though, today I finally squeezed my 235/65R17 spare in the OEM space after carrying it on my roof for 2 years (or in the boot when I needed roof weight capacity). No fancy engineered solution required in the end (was going to be making a mount similar to the Seikel one) - all I had to do was trim the plastic tray as per the Siekel instructions for fitting their mount. Still had to use a jack to get it into place so don’t think I’d get my flat in there at the roadside, but at least it’s with me and not in the back of the van or eating up roof capacity now.

74128929-7451-4086-A866-A51E34F9FF21.jpeg

A0DF4C65-7C56-427B-A482-E05784258FD5.jpeg

Well completed my floor today step and rear threshold fitted
Done a cheeky little make over on the front grill
Matt badge and trim plus a limited colour sprayed by myself middle trim this will match my slidepod which is getting fitted soon
Didn’t remove the grill to fit but it does break the old trims taking them off 5AFBF388-3347-44CA-81BB-325544892518.jpeg99897B90-DA64-44FB-9B79-C5D47FC517C4.jpegCAA18EC6-2BFE-4012-BA62-0D1A43B86B4A.jpeg89F87250-1BDC-4783-BC51-B5B6251BAAE6.jpeg

I had booked in vw assist to come this morning as despite main dealer saying no drain and battery is good I am still having to jump it every few days.

So the AA Man arrives and once i overcome my annoyance (knowing he won’t have the battery and cannot code it etc) having a nice chat and he’s educating me on how to use an amp clamp (I’ve been doing it the more traditional and accurate way) but an amp clamp is easier and good enough for simple testing apparently.

I’d left the bonnet fake locked so it could be opened without unlocking car and activating systems etc meaning it had been locked for a few hours. This made him very happy.

Well he does his test, Yep no drain. I knew this of course as I’d been doing the test for last two hours on and off.

Battery needs to be replaced.

Now I’ve got to go main dealer which won’t be the one that told me nothing wrong with it as much as I’d like to go “told you so” it won’t do ongoing relationship any good.

F1E4B303-3EED-4C31-B3F7-25C07C1A548E.jpeg

851F1608-3ED6-4262-B29E-268F3C035871.jpeg

@archersam.
Now I’ve got to go main dealer
Please excuse me for not going through all the previous stuff to see if you've posted about this before but are you talking about going to a main dealer because you're looking for a warranty replacement battery? If that's not the case, then you DO NOT have to get a new battery fitted by the main dealer. It could be fitted by an independent who has the coding capability or it could be DIY and coded with, say, Carista for a cheaper option or it could be DIY and coded by one of the good people on here with VCDS if you could find one near you willing to help. Failing that, I've also read on here that you could just fit a new one and the van will eventually teach itself how to use it. I've also read that the requirement to close a new battery only applies if it's a different Ah than the current one but personally, I would always take the opportunity to put something 'beefier' in anyway. If I've got anything wrong, someone will be along shortly to correct me.

@archersam.

Please excuse me for not going through all the previous stuff to see if you've posted about this before but are you talking about going to a main dealer because you're looking for a warranty replacement battery? If that's not the case, then you DO NOT have to get a new battery fitted by the main dealer. It could be fitted by an independent who has the coding capability or it could be DIY and coded with, say, Carista for a cheaper option or it could be DIY and coded by one of the good people on here with VCDS if you could find one near you willing to help. Failing that, I've also read on here that you could just fit a new one and the van will eventually teach itself how to use it. I've also read that the requirement to close a new battery only applies if it's a different Ah than the current one but personally, I would always take the opportunity to put something 'beefier' in anyway. If I've got anything wrong, someone will be along shortly to correct me.
Indeed it will be warranty but just got off phone from alternative dealer who is booking into April and tells me it will take three days so they can do all the tests to prove the battery is defunct, the same tests the other dealer did in a day or so and told me it isn't and so wouldn't replace it as warranty wont pay if it doesn't fail the tests. VW assist now telling me the VW assist technician also cannot replace at roadside despite him telling me a couple of weeks he can but couldn't because he found a drain. LOLZ thankfully i have a GBX75 and a backup GB50. Thanks for letting me rant everyone.

Back