What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Did not realise there was so much to tyre pressure. Did not like 40/38. Got the F1 Mercedes bounce. Still a quiet, comfortable ride but a discernable bounce. Going up to 42/40 and see where that gets me.
Settled on 42/40. very quiet and smooth ride. No noticable bounce or bobbing, which I was getting at the lower pressure.

Looks like in that second photo the rears have some mega lift kit in there! After looking good though!
I found it very surprising that they didn't need to take wheels off for the rear shocks!

I'd definitely recommend if your in the market for new suspension.

Busy few weeks researching, buying and planning. Not complete yet as waiting on brackets for the lights in front of the rack rather than on top, but worst part (drilling holes in the roof) is done and cables pulled, and it’s all watertight thankfully. Once the lights are up I’ll mount up the solar panel which concludes the exterior work and then finally terminate the panel wiring, secure all the cables, and generally just get everything back together internally. Hopefully with no subsequent rattles! As always the forum has been an essential source of study.

View attachment 199173

View attachment 199174

View attachment 199175

At last it’s done! Planned this 2 years ago when I bought the van. Panel is up too, just need to finish running the cables down the passenger B pillar and terminate in a couple of Powerpole connectors under the seat.

IMG_6038.jpeg

Not intentionally, but the small table tucks neatly under the larger table

View attachment 199151
This arrangement to the left of the habitation space proved so useful on this weeks camp. It created much more counter space for food prep and ready access in and out the van, unlike the conventional positioning above the grill and in the middle of the habitation area. Severed too as a writing desk allowing me to sit on the swivel chair which is far more comfortable than the rib.

Matt black inserts. I bought blue for the lower but it's a lot lighter blue than the Ravenna on the van, gonna leave it black I think.....

Done for now I think, was thinking splitter and side bars but I can't find a splitter that I like, at a reasonable price, and there's the rust issue with the sidebars....
PXL_20230520_115035097~2.jpg

Bought it, drove it for the first time, started ordering parts (wind deflectors), then working on the wife regarding lowering and new rims - handily there was a van in the gym of the same colour as ours (Acapulco blue) nicely lowered on some tasty bronze coloured calibre rims - this was complemented on by the wife - my scheming mind was excellent your coming round to my way of thinking!!!

Arrived at a job and customer not here, so debadged the rear while waiting, not sure I like it to be honest, at least now I don't have to look at squint badges! Vw sending me a new set anyway, I'll live with it and see if it grows on me.

View attachment 22086
Hi. Looks good. I was thinking of removing my transporter writing - is it just a trim tool behind the letters and push them off ?
Thanks.

Hi. Looks good. I was thinking of removing my transporter writing - is it just a trim tool behind the letters and push them off ?
Thanks.
Some people use fishing line, but the principle is to heat gently with a hairdryer or similar and then prise off. You then need to remove residual glue using something like alcohol.

Back