What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I returned the faulty inverter and bought another from Amazon with remote control, installed two 240 sockets from inverter tested everything out this afternoon boiled low wattage kettle and checked charging to power pack, and now all ready for next year.
John.

IMG_1302.jpegIMG_1307.jpegIMG_1305.jpegIMG_1309.jpeg

IMG_1307.jpeg

IMG_1305.jpeg

Started making my new Shuttle look a lot like the old one which is now the wife's. Fitted a full set of VW seat cover to all seats, installed dynamic repeaters, the rubber trim to stop parking tickets disappearing and changed the front badge.

Planning to change the wing mirror covers from Starlight Blue to Orange to match the badge but from what I have read they are not easy to remove without damaging....

Also have nicked the boot light (LED) from the wife's car as the new one only had an ordinary bulb and the colour difference was bothering me
She'll never notice

IMG_20231117_100559.jpg

I collected mine from the bodyshop this morning. As reported on here in September, I had an fight with a particularly aggressive Greek tree and my van came out second best. At the time, I didn't want to publish any pictures as I would have been even more peed off with the reminders but I'm over all that now that I have a nice, shiny and repaired back end. Only the gods know what it will do to my insurance renewal next year but I'll worry about that when the time comes and in the meantime can console myself with the fact that I didn't have have to pick up the tab (other than the excess). Just got to get a new bumper protector now. Before and after:
005 copy.JPG
DSC01133.JPG
002 copy.jpgDSC01135.JPG

Last edited:
I’m with Brentacre and I had a bump with my van at 1 month old £6135 damage to Van and my premium only went up £55 but I had maximum no claims protected. I was dreading this years premiums as our house, pet and car ins had doubled but again our van ins went up by £45 so I’m chuffed with our van ins.

John.

Wanted to secure my ATE pedal lock properly and after weighing up the options, decided to make myself a centre console.
It slots in nice and tight and I’ve now got another storage bin and a couple of drinks/phone holders.
Can still step over it between the seats, so better use of a dead space.
Undecided at the moment as to whether I will add a lid.

IMG_0894.jpegIMG_0895.jpegIMG_0896.jpeg

Wanted to secure my ATE pedal lock properly and after weighing up the options, decided to make myself a centre console.
It slots in nice and tight and I’ve now got another storage bin and a couple of drinks/phone holders.

View attachment 220197View attachment 220198View attachment 220199
Thats cool mate, well done

Reactions: EAN
I’m with Brentacre and I had a bump with my van at 1 month old £6135 damage to Van and my premium only went up £55 but I had maximum no claims protected. I was dreading this years premiums as our house, pet and car ins had doubled but again our van ins went up by £45 so I’m chuffed with our van ins.

John.
I haven’t had a crash in the past year and I renewed today at £104 more than last year! 26% increase on last year having got down from a 43% increase I was originally quoted by ringing someone else then calling back!

• Sad
Reactions: CAB

View attachment 220197View attachment 220198View attachment 220199
Nice job. I am planning to make a box for that location, but havn't settled on the design yet. Need to measure up to see if my lowered handbrake will impact on the height of the box.

Reactions: EAN
Nice job. I am planning to make a box for that location, but havn't settled on the design yet. Need to measure up to see if my lowered handbrake will impact on the height of the box.
Thanks.
Overall max height of the main “box” will be dictated by the swivels; if you have them.
With a lowered handbrake, you just need a comfortable space for your hand to reach round the handbrake.
So, with a design like mine, I reckon it would mean the triangular shape on the drivers side would need to be scooped or removed.

Can I ask where you get the front bumper from please ?
Hi, the bumper was from travlin-lite. It was meant to be a bundle but due to stocking issues I ended getting the gloss inserts from Transporter HQ (upper) and Vee-dub (lower). I thought the price seem pretty competitive from travlin-lite and happy with the quality too.

Back