What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fitted my Climair wind deflectors - "sport" aka black but they're nowhere near as dark as I thought they would be. They suit the black van well.

1000006292.jpg
1000006293.jpg
1000006294.jpg
1000006295.jpg
The passenger side window needed a few attempts to put up without the anti trap triggering but then it'll have been used less than the drivers side and I have the double glazed laminated glass which I think is slightly thicker than std.

Last edited:
First big day on the van in a long time.
Stripped out all the lower dash and carpet. Sound deadeded the floor using Dodomat dead mat pro. Then I fitted an amp wiring kit so I can fit my 20-year-old Vibe sub and amp! Once it was all back together I fitted a Rusty Lee swivel base along with a Transporterhq swivel adapter plate. I also swapped out the LED headlight bulbs for a HID kit to see if i can get some more light!

So, overall, a good day. I'm going to try and get the sub/amp in and also fit the rear speaker pods tomorrow. Desperate for some rear volume in the van.

I've also ordered a plyworx halo roof. Was something I've always wanted but put it off as we hoped to get a pop top. That's on the back burner now so going to get the halo installed to smarten up the inside a bit!

Screenshot_20240113_163601_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240113_163604_Gallery.jpg

Looking good John, are you happy with them?
Yes Wayne they match my led head lights now and look a lot brighter, I did the passenger side first and it took me just over 1 hour as I had to lie down on my right side and I have an old Rotator cuff injury which is playing up. The drivers side I did in 10 minutes as lying on my opposite side.

John.

Yes Wayne they match my led head lights now and look a lot brighter, I did the passenger side first and it took me just over 1 hour as I had to lie down on my right side and I have an old Rotator cuff injury which is playing up. The drivers side I did in 10 minutes as lying on my opposite side.

John.
Did you go in through the arch trims? Your lower spoiler is fancier than mine!

2 screws and 1 clip in arch and 2 screws below I turned the steering outwards and pulled the arch cover back trapping the cover against the tyre then got my hands in to remove and refit the new bulb kit.

John.

2 screws and 1 clip in arch and 2 screws below I turned the steering outwards and pulled the arch cover back trapping the cover against the tyre then got my hands in to remove and refit the new bulb kit.

John.
Great! That's what I'll do, I had a look t'other day but it was too cold to play!
Thanks John!
Wayne

John.

Did you go in through the arch trims? Your lower spoiler is fancier than mine!

Great! That's what I'll do, I had a look t'other day but it was too cold to play!
Thanks John!
Wayne

@Drive Wayne

On my T6, I fitted new THQ fog light bulbs through the oblong access cover.
It's just clipped in - pulling the bottom tab & a trim removal tool quickly releases it
Once you work out how the old bulbs clip in / clip out, it's a quick 7 min job, even for a fat handed bloke like me!!!

1705177639922.png

Last edited:
@Drive Wayne

On my T6, I fitted new THQ fog light bulbs through the oblong access cover.
It's just clipped in - a trim removal tool quickly releases it
Once you work out how the old bulbs clip in / clip out, it's a quick 7 min job, even for a fat handed bloke like me!!!

View attachment 225315
Lovely thought John but my poverty model doesn't have the cat flaps, they weren't specced with fogs sadly! Arch liner out on these cheap vans! Thank you though!

Best fit some upgraded arch liners first then - make the bulb replacement easier. ;)

I smell a new purchase!

Glad to help a fellow Forum member spend his/her/they monies:

Comes with "cat flaps"

Glad to help a fellow Forum member spend his/her/they monies:

Comes with "cat flaps"
Simply perfect @moomin-j , I'll put them on watch, I know the Mrs looks at my watched list! Make an ideal Valentines present wouldn't it!

Back