What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fitted my Fiamma Carry-Bike to the back… wow! What a pain in the @ss that was! Instructions and drawings are not clear and pretty sure those bottom brackets are gonna remove all the paint from the base of the door. On now though!

Reactions: CAB
Took my van in today for it's MOT, which it was failed for not having the correct headlight bulbs in my THQ V3 headlights, which were installed in 2019. Looks like I had a jobsworth technician carry out the MOT.
Update:- The reason they failed the van, was an incorrect beam pattern?
The changed the bulbs, but could still not achieve the correct beam pattern.
Now they have my original headlights and will commence the test. Let's see what happens next.

Retro fitted a factory comfort glove box.
Yes you do have to cut the dash a bit but it can be done.View attachment 210843View attachment 210845

Researching this task before buying the genuine box versus Van-X version. I knew there was some cutting involved but that's quite a lot of chopping out, first time I've seen a photo. How stable is the box and the panels either side after cutting back their mounting points? Thanks

Just fitted centre radio surround today, PO previously fitted lower centre dash which got me started on this journey. Side air vents and upper glove box to follow. Then Titanium black lower glove box and lower dash panels. Then maybe door panels..... slowly but surely the cab will become black/dark grey as and when some items come up at a good price.

IMG_5408.jpeg

Yes, but then you will have also bought at leat £300 worth of other Ikea stuff you hadn't known you needed until now.
At Ikea this year I bought 2 x pint glasses, 2 x4 pack of rechargeable batteries and 2 x storage jars for my coffee and porridge...oh and I walked past the bit where the £1 whisky frothers were. But this time, I didn't need to buy one as I have got a milk frother attached to my super, dooper Delonghi coffee machine. The milk frother spinny things no longer have me in their control. Such a relief
I think Ikea got a grand total of £12 last time...oh, wait a minute. On the way out I spent £3.80 on Swedish meatballs and a calorie laden sugary bun thing.
Total = £15.80.
Nearly bought an Ikea carpet at one point but I was in a hurry to get home and make a lovey frothy milky cappuccino on that Delonghi coffee machine I mentioned earlier :p:p

Update:- The reason they failed the van, was an incorrect beam pattern?
The changed the bulbs, but could still not achieve the correct beam pattern.
Now they have my original headlights and will commence the test. Let's see what happens next.
Further update- My original H4Lights have been installed and MOT passed.
Now I am back to the original problem with piss poor lights. Will have to start searching for better bulbs to install.
Bugger.

I have been thinking about that, but it's a lot of hassle removing grills , bumpers etc for each susequent change. Too much for me to do, would need to find someone to do it.
Can you find another different local ish Vw garage to do the MOT on the “All In Plan”?

MOT passed today at VW with the LEDs in. Must have been lucky.
Good result.
Can you find another different local ish Vw garage to do the MOT on the “All In Plan”?
That's my last MOT and Service completed under my current plan. I will have to discuss leaving MOT off the plan and just have the Services, Warranty and VW Assist on the plan.

Good result.

That's my last MOT and Service completed under my current plan. I will have to discuss leaving MOT off the plan and just have the Services, Warranty and VW Assist on the plan.
Didn't know that was possible. I'd rather have my MOT's done independently as well.
Need to look into the "All In Plan" now that the Bus is out of warranty...
Wonder when Vw will be offering a discount , last Nov it was -25%. Sadly, back to full price now.

Reactions: CAB
Didn't know that was possible. I'd rather have my MOT's done independently as well.
Need to look into the "All In Plan" now that the Bus is out of warranty...
Wonder when Vw will be offering a discount , last Nov it was -25%. Sadly, back to full price now.
John, I am not sure it is possible, but worth asking. My guess is that it will not be possible, but if don't ask?

Back