What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Thanks to @roadtripper I've sorted the leisure battery terminals, similar for the negative. The ones with three pins didn't fit under my seat so I've used the negative type of the one in the picture. Both have been covered with terminal covers.

Done with the electrics for a little while lol

Going to ignore @Dellmassive post so I don't buy anything else like portable solar
1000017339.jpg

Last edited:
Added some film over the rear side windows to make them a little less see through. Bit of a pig of a job but looks ok from the outside.
Made up a template out of paper then cut the film to fit as didn't want to stab the sharp blade directly onto the van glass. Still a bit precious about that.
Didn't realise the o/s and d/s windows are different sizes by about 3cm!
So, not quite enough film left to do the rear tailgate window. Ah well. Know for next time - measure twice cut once!

Also re-added the stop/start canceller cable.

Last thing to do now - new front tyres - thinking Michellin CC2 or Conti VanContact all season. Probably the Michellins. Maybe the Contis. No - the Michellins. Will see how it goes.

Last edited:
Finally fitted the locking wheel nut and security shroud to the spare wheel holder :waving: - only took 10 months to get around to it. :rolleyes:

Also test-fitted the removeable tow-bar and Altera Strada DL3 for size - a first for both. Tilted the rack and opened the tailgate with trepidation... it missed the rear upright by less than an inch. :oops:

Next up, the Climair wind deflectors. :unsure:

Ah - yes, I forgot to add - fitted the Climair wind deflectors. Takes about 1 minute per window. Main thing is to have someone holding the tiny little screw who can hand it to you very carefully.
I am that ham-fisted clown who'd drop the screw and for it never to be seen again - hence my reticence in fitting the damned things.

1 minute to fit - but 10 minutes preparation.
Make sure you have a screwdriver that fits the screws. Think it is pz1 or ph1 - either should do it.
Make sure you have a 1mm drill bit.
Make sure you have a slightly less ham fisted sidekick to hand you the little b*****d when you need it.
Watch the Climair video first - saves a bit of guesswork.

Makes a big difference when fitted though as I prefer having the windows open when driving.

I was hoping to use the hot pin method to make the pilot holes, as I don't trust myself to be within 10' of the van with a drill in my hand!
Agree with whodat, it’s really a super simple, 2 second job with a 1mm drill. No need to faff with a hot pin.

Fitted folding wing mirrors (used), had already swapped the window modules for Q and R versions, added the additional wires needed and because the BCM is 7E0 937 090 C it folds the mirrors when holding the lock remote button. No coding needed, worked first time.

"Summer Camp is good for this sort of stuff! Someone will be willing to show their prowess with man tools!"
"Wayne, Wayne, Wayne - I may be flecking useless at all things requiring manual dexterity, coordination and mechanical sympathy, but I still have my man-pride!!!"

Sledge hammer and nail it is then.

Back