What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Popped down MPVAG to have an upgrade from my composition audio to a discovery in my T6.1 so I can have maps etc on my virtual combi. The guy is an absolute legend and always excels at what he does :thumbsup:

Test fit of my seat base electrics, I've got a long list of stuff I need to do in the van now; wiring up fuse boxes, adding terminals to the SB feed, and general tidy up of the factory cables. Oh and dealing with the dreaded loom connectors!

Looks a mess, but should be able to get it nice and tidy. The factory wiring is a nightmare but once you've got it all separated out it's not actually that bad...
1000008993.jpg

Last edited:
Test fit of my seat base electrics, I've got a long list of stuff I need to do in the van now; wiring up fuse boxes, adding terminals to the SB feed, and general tidy up of the factory cables. Oh and dreading with the dreaded loom connectors!

Looks a mess, but should be able to get it nice and tidy. The factory wiring is a nightmare but once you've got it all separated out it's not actually that bad...
View attachment 247080
Nice work, I'm dreading adding my MTTP. That channel where the loom goes under your Orion, how easy do you think it would be to push cables through to the passenger seat. I might have to put the MTTP under there if I don't have enough room.

Nice work, I'm dreading adding my MTTP. That channel where the loom goes under your Orion, how easy do you think it would be to push cables through to the passenger seat. I might have to put the MTTP under there if I don't have enough room.
Dead easy. I lift the carpet slightly (with the passenger seat base out) and there's loads of room to get my arm pretty much elbow deep - I can then push the cable through from the (still fitted) drivers seat base and grab it with my hand.

The carpet in the Caravelle is split just behind the seats on that plastic trim and with a bit of a bend it can be lifted up with just the seat base removed.

Unfortunately there's not quite enough room in the channel for the loom connectors but there's ample room for big wires or a section of conduit, or just normal 6 or 10mm wires.

Dead easy. I lift the carpet slightly (with the passenger seat base out) and there's loads of room to get my arm pretty much elbow deep - I can then push the cable through from the (still fitted) drivers seat base and grab it with my hand.

The carpet in the Caravelle is split just behind the seats on that plastic trim and with a bit of a bend it can be lifted up with just the seat base removed.

Unfortunately there's not quite enough room in the channel for the loom connectors but there's ample room for big wires or a section of conduit, or just normal 6 or 10mm wires.
Brilliant, cheers @TallPaul_S
I had my leisure battery fitted so have never seen what space I have but worse case I'll run the cables from the MTTP back to the battery.

Finally fitted the locking wheel nut and security shroud to the spare wheel holder :waving: - only took 10 months to get around to it. :rolleyes:

Also test-fitted the removeable tow-bar and Altera Strada DL3 for size - a first for both. Tilted the rack and opened the tailgate with trepidation... it missed the rear upright by less than an inch. :oops:

Next up, the Climair wind deflectors. :unsure:
Is that the SpareSafe you've installed. If so, I'd be interested to know whether there were any issues with the detachable towbar - I thought I read somewhere the two weren't compatible, hence why I've held off fitting (and fortunately I still haven't lost the wheel).

Is that the SpareSafe you've installed. If so, I'd be interested to know whether there were any issues with the detachable towbar - I thought I read somewhere the two weren't compatible, hence why I've held off fitting (and fortunately I still haven't lost the wheel).
Sorry, no - it was just a locking wheel nut, with a protective shroud that I bought separately.

EDIT: The wheel nut was from campervanbits.com and this is shroud...

I have one fitted with an OE detachable towbar and no issues.

Also copper greased the bolts when I fitted it so no issues when I had to actually get the spare of in The Pothole Incident

When I checked the other spring it was mint so I'm hoping it was just a bad one that I received. The people at kw were good with a quick turnaround. And was as at my doorstep the next day which I was happy about but less happy with the £165 they relived out of my wallet, but i was just out of the 2 year warranty.

Fitted the alpine CE2100RD camera. Mounted it to the spoiler so that i can keep an eye on the bike rack.

Routing the cable was fun. Small hole in high level brake light to feed the camera cable. Routing it down the barn door following the brake light cable and then behind the door lock assemble to the rubber door to body hose. Up then to the bigger of the three predrilled holes on the roof and relatively easily through habitation roof to B and A pillars.

plugged into Hallo 11 worked first time

Nice to have top and side views as well as panoramic but disappointed with quality of the image given supposed HDR CMOS. tried in PAL and NTSC but no difference

IMG_6937.jpeg

When I checked the other spring it was mint so I'm hoping it was just a bad one that I received. The people at kw were good with a quick turnaround. And was as at my doorstep the next day which I was happy about but less happy with the £165 they relived out of my wallet, but i was just out of the 2 year warranty.
£165 for both or a like for like single. Mine was about £340 for both as i did not want the same happening on the other side. The beefier springs have changed ride height but give a lovely stable ride.

Back