What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

YESSSS!

Found it! I was very close to ordering another from Amazon, that's a tenner saved!

In a random box of car/DIY bits in the garage that I'd been using when I last worked on/in my car :rofl:

View attachment 252756

I'll get that touched up tomorrow, and also the gouge that the sliding door took out my lower runner when the wheel bearing went!
You've saved Monday! well done!

Just set up some Ruuvi tags for the van. Inside temp, outside temp and fridge temp. The fridge isn't on at the moment. ;)

1000009962.png
1000009961.png

I'm currently testing what the temperature difference for the outside one is between being in the shade Vs being under the solar panel - hoping to bolt it to the roof rack between the rack and the panel.

Looks like that's not an option. It was sitting at 27-28 degrees in the shade, under the panel also in the shade and it's at 32 degrees and still climbing... :(
1000009964.png

Need to think of a better location then! Needs to be out of the direct line of fire of rain/spray and also not in direct sunlight.

Under the van somewhere tucked up away from the exhaust etc might be an option. I've seen people put them inside fuel filler cap too.

Reactions: CAB
Just set up some Ruuvi tags for the van. Inside temp, outside temp and fridge temp. The fridge isn't on at the moment. ;)

View attachment 252785
View attachment 252784

I'm currently testing what the temperature difference for the outside one is between being in the shade Vs being under the solar panel - hoping to bolt it to the roof rack between the rack and the panel.

Looks like that's not an option. It was sitting at 27-28 degrees in the shade, under the panel also in the shade and it's at 32 degrees and still climbing... :(
View attachment 252786

Need to think of a better location then! Needs to be out of the direct line of fire of rain/spray and also not in direct sunlight.

Under the van somewhere tucked up away from the exhaust etc might be an option. I've seen people put them inside fuel filler cap too.
Could you put it behind a wing mirror cap?

Could you put it behind a wing mirror cap?
Yeah I thought about that but tbh I've not actually removed one. And I have heated mirrors so I'd assume that might affect the reading in winter.

It fits inside the fuel filler cap though so I'm seeing what that's like, just need some strong adhesive which won't fall off when hot. I do have some sikaflex but I'd like to be able to remove it when it comes to changing the battery!

Back