What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

assume this is just a photo in progress as thats a nice tidy job around the rubbbers but that isnt going to really acheive much at all
Yes that’s just the first 2 pieces - didn’t get any of the completed job. Couple of pieces to the outer skin, majority coverage on the inner skin plus silent coat sound absorber foam on the door card. Has made a big difference.

Spent a metric f*** ton of money on it! o_O :rofl:

@CRS Performance for:

Koni Special shocks
Std height springs
25mm lift spacers
Lower front arm bushes
H&R anti roll bars
New drop links
Rear discs and pads
Alignment

And then onto flatdog UK for roof rack fitting, already paid for.

Result:
1000009994.jpg
1000009995.jpg
1000010011.jpg
1000010013.jpg

Suspension is massively improved, it's settled over normal 'smooth' roads, I'm not feeling every single bloody imperfection in the road and it's just a whole load more comfortable!

And it's about 4" higher than it was before! :D

The rack is excellent, really good mounting system and there's very, very little wind noise - if any.

1000009998.jpg
1000009999.jpg
1000010036.jpg

Last edited:
Today I have removed the roof rails and installed new roof bolts. Planning to install the awning rail in the coming days but need to get some sikaflex or tiger seal to squeeze in all the bolt holes (both sides) and then seal the rail down also... perhaps

I just prefer the look without the rails

Screenshot_20240801_185817_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240801_185754_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240801_185609_Blink.jpg

Screenshot_20240801_185515_Blink.jpg

Went for a weigh in, not bad for a SWB T32 4motion camper, it’s made with about 8 sheets of 15mn ply, pop top, bed, tables, full gas, hob, full electrics, wind out awning, tailgate bike rack, etc, 17” wheels and AT tyres, kitchen bits and bobs, full tank of fuel and two adults, so we have about 500 kg for food, bedding, clothes, bikes , travel snacksIMG_1855.jpeg

@CRS Performance for:

Koni Special shocks
Std height springs
25mm lift spacers
Lower front arm bushes
H&R anti roll bars
New drop links
Rear discs and pads
Alignment

Result:
View attachment 253100
View attachment 253101
View attachment 253102
View attachment 253103

Suspension is massively improved, it's settled over normal 'smooth' roads, I'm not feeling every single bloody imperfection in the road and it's just a whole load more comfortable!

The rack is excellent, really good mounting system and there's very, very little wind noise - if any.

View attachment 253104
View attachment 253105
Looking great, Steve fitted the same suspension set up to our van, hope you like the drive as much as we do now

Today I have removed the roof rails and installed new roof bolts. Planning to install the awning rail in the coming days but need to get some sikaflex or tiger seal to squeeze in all the bolt holes (both sides) and then seal the rail down also... perhaps

I just prefer the look without the rails

View attachment 253106

View attachment 253107

View attachment 253108

View attachment 253109

I used bath tap washers on my bolts then the awning rail, keeps the rail off the paintwork and helps seal the hole along with a little sealant.
I also prefer the no rail look.

@CRS Performance for:

Koni Special shocks
Std height springs
25mm lift spacers
Lower front arm bushes
H&R anti roll bars
New drop links
Rear discs and pads
Alignment

Result:
View attachment 253100
View attachment 253101
View attachment 253102
View attachment 253103

View attachment 253104
View attachment 253105
looks fab however it doesnt look lifted it actually looks lower than a standard set up?

looks fab however it doesnt look lifted it actually looks lower than a standard set up?
It's not +25mm over the std 460mm, you're right - but it's the extra weight of the caravelle that means even with the T32 springs and the 25mm lift kit it's not as high as a panel van would be.

Bear in mind also the big-ass tyres full the arches a huge amount compared to normal so that gives the appearance of being a bit lower.

Edit: just braved the rain to check - it's sitting at 450mm centre to arch all round. So without the spacers it would be 425mm!

10mm lower than std height. Add in the 30mm gain from the tyres and I've gone up by 90mm - 3.5 inches!

Last edited:
It's not +25mm over the std 460mm, you're right - but it's the extra weight of the caravelle that means even with the T32 springs and the 25mm lift kit it's not as high as a panel van would be.

Bear in mind also the big-ass tyres full the arches a huge amount compared to normal so that gives the appearance of being a bit lower.

Edit: just braved the rain to check - it's sitting at 450mm centre to arch all round. So without the spacers it would be 425mm!

10mm lower than std height. Add in the 30mm gain from the tyres and I've gone up by 90mm - 3.5 inches!
Sure however this is a standard t32 shuttle on standard shocks and springs and bigger tyres and it seems higher than yours with a lift kit? Anyhow doesn’t matter yours looks nice. IMG_9883.jpeg

Got the slide out finished today. Repurposed from a folding wheelchair ramp out to of a taxi. Fits 3 600x400 euro boxes and room at the back for chairs, table, sunshade and toilet tent also room for a pretty sizeable water container. Space under it holds all the thermal window blinds. 1000003584.jpg1000003590.jpg1000003594.jpg

Sure however this is a standard t32 shuttle on standard shocks and springs and bigger tyres and it seems higher than yours with a lift kit? Anyhow doesn’t matter yours looks nice. View attachment 253138
Yeah I'm happy, would have like a bit higher but it's not the end of the world. They had the rear much higher than the front but to get it closer to level needed the rear dropping with different springs. If I wanted it really high then you'd into the realms of super heavy duty springs which would make it stiff as hell which is going away from what I wanted!

Looking at the weights the Caravelle Executive is actually 140kg heavier than a SWB shuttle SE or S. (LWB heavier but the extra is on the rear).

2249/2254kg Vs 2389kg.

It's a lardy beast!! I reckon mine is probably close to, or over 2500kg.

I want this look... love it!!
I'm still yet to decide what to do with the exterior silver bits - side bars, side chrome and grille chrome. Might have a go at wrapping the side chrome. And I'm tempted by the matt black arch covers... Oh and I think I'll be going for some yellow tint on the fog lights.

I can see some Lazer grille lamps and maybe even a light bar on the roof rack in my future... Once my wallet recovered, that is! :rofl: :eek:

Back