What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Pretty much the gold standard - Koni Special Active Shocks, std springs, and possibly 25mm lift spacers. Then H&R anti roll bars - hopefully these will reign in any roll with the van going about 90mm higher than it currently is!

I'll have extra weight up top in the form of a roof rack too.

Oh and rear discs and pads. I had a quick look while I had the wheels off today and there's about 5mm of pad left so probably another couple of thousand miles - but I've got three weeks off in late September and will probably do a euro trip of 1500-2000 miles so I'd rather not get down to the metal on the trip!

Just looking at how much space there is between the tyre and the arch liner where it rubbed once - I reckon there's about an inch, maybe 1.5inches. which means I've basically got 1.5inches or less usable travel on the front. Which is why it feels rock hard!
Nah, swap standard springs for CRS lowered recommended and forget the spacers . Comfort and stance (less dramatic drop) ticked. Join the lowered swamper deviants ;)

Your van looks great currently with the new wheels

Nah, swap standard springs for CRS lowered recommended and forget the spacers . Comfort and stance (less dramatic drop) ticked. Join the lowered swamper deviants ;)

Your van looks great currently with the new wheels
All or nothing - the low, wheels filling the arches looks good but it's not practical. Fully up (aka lifted) also looks 'purposeful' :D

FYI, this is what I'm dealing with currently. I'm almost jumping up and down on the driver's door step, I'm 85kg. Suspension travel? What suspension travel!? :rofl:

Parking ever so carefully, wing mirror pointing down to rear wheel so can see am at least 100mm from danger... front end goes clunk and drops.

So I get out and the kerb stone is sticking out - my front nearside went up onto it and then slipped off. Rim scraped. Am fuming. Bloody council aren't gonna cover the cost to sort that out are they! Crying face...

Removed the remaining gunk and rubber adhesive around one of my roof mounting points, then cleaned and rubbed down the tiny bit of rust so I can apply some touch up paint - only now I can't find my touch up paint pen! :(

1000009947.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Finished the kombi bed and additional add-ons. Behind the seats I've got storage for 2 umbrellas and poles for the S+S awning. Then to the side of the nearside wheel arch I've a reel for extension hook up (to save rummaging around as soon as arrive on side), and to the side of single seat a recess for dustpan and brush and addition storage nook with elastic to face. We want to try this arrangement out first, and keen to keep full step clear but we can always add to in due course.

IMG_2305.jpegIMG_2306.jpegIMG_2308.jpegIMG_2309.jpegIMG_2310.jpeg

you got any window install primer paint?

Nope! I'll have a look later and tomorrow, I'm having a rack fitted on Thursday so need to get something on it before then.
YESSSS!

Found it! I was very close to ordering another from Amazon, that's a tenner saved!

In a random box of car/DIY bits in the garage that I'd been using when I last worked on/in my car :rofl:

1000009951.jpg

I'll get that touched up tomorrow, and also the gouge that the sliding door took out my lower runner when the wheel bearing went!

Very nice! Is that your diesel heater in the bottom left under the seat? Interesting location, frees up space under the driver's seat with the normal install location inside the van.
Cheers, got a slide out and mini kitchen pod to build next.
The diesel heater is fitted under the van below the drivers seat and ducted to just behind the C pillar 1000003405.jpg

Cheers, got a slide out and mini kitchen pod to build next.
The diesel heater is fitted under the van below the drivers seat and ducted to just behind the C pillar View attachment 252759
I was going to say are you putting a kitchen pod in? Going in the back I'm assuming from the drawer sliders?

What about a kitchen pod in the front? You can use the Caravelle rails for the attachment points.

I was going to say are you putting a kitchen pod in? Going in the back I'm assuming from the drawer sliders?

What about a kitchen pod in the front? You can use the Caravelle rails for the attachment points.
I'm building a pod for the rails but I'm going to split it so it can go in the back as well. The slide out is over the runners so I can get a full 1200mm width or 3, 600x400 eurocrates wide. So I'm basing the pod on those dimensions where possible. Hoping to get multiple fixing points in the base of the kitchen so it can be used across or along the rails.

I'm building a pod for the rails but I'm going to split it so it can go in the back as well. The slide out is over the runners so I can get a full 1200mm width or 3, 600x400 eurocrates wide. So I'm basing the pod on those dimensions where possible. Hoping to get multiple fixing points in the base of the kitchen so it can be used across or along the rails.
Nice! In my signature is my build thread, part of my build is a kitchen pod secured to the caravelle rails, so there might be some inspiration there for you.

1000007350.jpg

@TallPaul_S I'm struggling to view signatures on this mobile browser, do you have a link to your build thread please?

Back