What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

@Frigo110 what front splitter is that you have, looks spot on anymore photos of it please as I’m thinking of removing my lower sport line bumper/splitter and going for something like yours
Thanks
Paul

Finally got round to adding the home painted gloss black grille and wrapped trims which match the side stripes and pop top. Had a bit of a shock when I found a false widow nest behind the bumper! Just need the boss to approve the look and can then do the lower grilles

1000002301.jpg

1000002303.jpg

1000002296.jpg

Gave it to a mate who paints C-130s for a living so I can't take any credit or blame for it! It's an OEM grille that I bought off the forum as I'd heard some 3rd party ones don't fit well and I don't have £300 to buy all gloss new ones
nice, good friend to have! I have a full set of OEM plastics and wing mirrors sat in my garage waiting to paint collected from the forum. Keep putting it off

Insulated the scuttle panel today. 2mm sound deadening then a mix of 20mm and 10mm foam. Has made some difference mostly to the higher frequency noises. Didn't make as big a difference as the doors though.
Also did the underside of the bonnet with the 2mm stuff as I have loads.

Next will be front arches with 2mm sound deadening and 5/10mm foam to the plastic cover. Going to add some deadening to the wings as well while the arch covers are off as they sound incredibly tinny. Certainly not worried about good coverage here but I seem to recall seeing somewhere that the wings are accessible when the arch liner is out.

Next will be front arches with 2mm sound deadening and 5/10mm foam to the plastic cover. Going to add some deadening to the wings as well while the arch covers are off as they sound incredibly tinny. Certainly not worried about good coverage here but I seem to recall seeing somewhere that the wings are accessible when the arch liner is out.

i know what you mean , our van is deadened everywhere apart from the front wings and the sliding door cover which 'ding' like theyre made of french bean cans compared to the satisfying 'thud' of the rest of the van .

Insulated the scuttle panel today. 2mm sound deadening then a mix of 20mm and 10mm foam. Has made some difference mostly to the higher frequency noises. Didn't make as big a difference as the doors though.
Also did the underside of the bonnet with the 2mm stuff as I have loads.

Front wheel arch liner has been removed - possible with the front wheels still on. I've marked it up with where the fixings are. Sound deadening added to the liner but I haven't finished the butyl yet. Hopefully these pictures reassure anyone thinking of doing it. Or if I've done anything stupid I'll find out!

8mm closed foam insulation and I've taped the joints with aluminium tape.

20241014_121726.jpg

20241014_130508.jpg

20241014_131706.jpg

Last edited:
Front wheel arch liner has been removed - possible with the front wheels still on. I've marked it up with where the fixings are. Sound deadening added to the liner but I haven't finished the butyl yet. Hopefully these pictures reassure anyone thinking of doing it.

8mm closed foam insulation and I've taped the joints with aluminium tape.

View attachment 262507

View attachment 262508

View attachment 262509
Nice work, I finished the doors over the weekend. could have sworn I took photos of the door cards as i was quite pleased with the acoustic foam. Sounds 100% better than stock, next new speakers but first "kitchen"!

Possibly a silly question, would it not have been better to put the deadening and insulation (granted its not being used as insulation) to the metalwork rather than the plastic arch liner?
Surely this makes very little difference on the liners?

Only asking as I have LOADS of both the 2mm Dead'n and 10mm Aly lined Closed cell foam left over, will be doing the rear wheel arches (metalwork) from the outside in both as well.

Speaking of which....
Dodo thermo liner pro vs deadsound thermo pro...... 100% identical aside from a £40-45 hike in price for the Dodo, ;)

Nice work, I finished the doors over the weekend. could have sworn I took photos of the door cards as i was quite pleased with the acoustic foam. Sounds 100% better than stock, next new speakers but first "kitchen"!

Possibly a silly question, would it not have been better to put the deadening and insulation (granted its not being used as insulation) to the metalwork rather than the plastic arch liner?
Surely this makes very little difference on the liners?

Only asking as I have LOADS of both the 2mm Dead'n and 10mm Aly lined Closed cell foam left over, will be doing the rear wheel arches (metalwork) from the outside in both as well.

Speaking of which....
Dodo thermo liner pro vs deadsound thermo pro...... 100% identical aside from a £40-45 hike in price for the Dodo, ;)
So the sound deadening did go onto the metal but the foam went onto the liner. Mostly because that's what I'd heard being done elsewhere.

I think you get better coverage on the liner as it extends beyond where I'd be comfortable putting on the metal. Easier to apply while it's out of the van.

You might be right though and the metal would be better.

No idea if the wing makes a difference internally but on the knock test it's much better!

20241014_162547.jpg

I've put some 2mm butyl stuff under the bonnet today, can't say it made much of a difference, but it'll contribute to the wider job which is ongoing! Was going to do the scuttle, but was scuppered by Screwfix not having the wiper puller in stock so that will be another day.

I'd very much like to do the the wheel arches and floor pan, but I think it's a bit beyond my skill set.

Topped up the ad blue, bit boring, bit it's a van job done.

I've put some 2mm butyl stuff under the bonnet today, can't say it made much of a difference, but it'll contribute to the wider job which is ongoing! Was going to do the scuttle, but was scuppered by Screwfix not having the wiper puller in stock so that will be another day.

I'd very much like to do the the wheel arches and floor pan, but I think it's a bit beyond my skill set.

Topped up the ad blue, bit boring, bit it's a van job done.
I did this for the arm removal

Worked well on the T6 although drivers side was a little tight.

As above front wheel arches were easy. Hardest part was the one plastic trim clip which broke but I had some spares.

So the sound deadening did go onto the metal but the foam went onto the liner. Mostly because that's what I'd heard being done elsewhere.

I think you get better coverage on the liner as it extends beyond where I'd be comfortable putting on the metal. Easier to apply while it's out of the van.

You might be right though and the metal would be better.

No idea if the wing makes a difference internally but on the knock test it's much better!

Have you nnoticd much difference with this mate?

Back