What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Got my ceiling in too.
Wires wires wires!
The vent worked out well, and not as huge as it looks in the photos..
I pulled it apart as the fan was noisy and rattled. Changed the computer fan I found inside for a better one and one which I can adjust the speed of.
Much better

20241003_181112.jpg

17279755846336973508120697546792.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Fair weather, so decided to repair this b***ard:

IMG_20241003_112907449_HDR.jpg

IMG_20241003_112927133_HDR.jpg

Canvas patch supplied foc by the dealership - almost the right colour but not quite. Some Gorilla adhesive and then TearAid covering it, on each side:

IMG_20241003_122806638_HDR.jpg

IMG_20241003_122843649_MP.jpg

Reasonably satisfied, but think I'll look for a VW logo patch or something to hide it, and a matching one round the other side so it looks like it's meant to be there!

Fair weather, so decided to repair this b***ard:

View attachment 261369

View attachment 261370

Canvas patch supplied foc by the dealership - almost the right colour but not quite. Some Gorilla adhesive and then TearAid covering it, on each side:

View attachment 261371

View attachment 261372

Reasonably satisfied, but think I'll look for a VW logo patch or something to hide it, and a matching one round the other side so it looks like it's meant to be there!
I would be fitting a bungee so that doesn’t happen again

Reactions: Bav
With it being such a nice day decided to winter prep the van with a deep clean decon wash and single stage machine polish before adding a layer of Can Coat evo. Should be good for the winter months now. Plan is to have a full correction in the spring with a 5 year coating

Reactions: CAB
I bought a bungee specifically for the purpose (after the event :whistle: )
Completely useless. It pulls the front of the canvas in (too much) but does nothing to pull the sides away from the scissors.

Have you not got an internal strap at the foot end of the pop top? Maybe the scissor is too far forward for that to help.

I was having an issue but with a little tighten of that and it pulls in nicely.

Last edited:
There's an internal detachable elastic strap at the front but not at the back where it's most needed. Instead, there's an elastic strip sewn in around the rear and the sides as far as the scissors, which does help to an extent - but obviously not enough!

How is it?
Was it worth it?
This is on my list of things to do
In my opinion it is excellent but I am only 200+ miles so far, fuel return about the same on my commute to work but it drives so much better especially at roundabouts where it always seemed to be in the wrong gear and does not labour in 7th at 1200rpm, pulling away in drive and reverse a lot smoother. I only use sport mode when the DPF is doing regens but the gear changes are not as clunky.

Redone my MFSW in the correct colour thread. It was far from easy as it’s not a standard wheel.

Really pleased with the results and the thread now matches myDSG gator.

IMG_0340.jpeg

IMG_0342.jpeg

IMG_0343.jpeg

Last edited:
Back