What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

DSC_5028.JPG

7H0807252A towbar bumper support.

Installed 2 of these, can now step on the bumper again.

Didn't want to take off the bumper, so slid them into place. Had to leave the paper cover on the sticky pads, but I don't think they are going anywhere.

Fitted LED bulbs to illuminate my number plate this evening, I have a t6.1 with barn doors, however I now have a warning on the dash to check these lights. Both bulbs are working fine, anything I can do to clear this or should I just put original bulbs back in? Thanks

I have a Shuttle and didn't want to have it on the doors. Most of the time we only have the rear seats in, for family trips, but it lives at the side of the house with all the 9 seats in, so these cup holders would be in the way on the doors.

But your option is a nice one. I may make a carpet lined box like arm rest to sit on the rear middle seat between my children. These will sit nicely at the front for cups etc.

Fitted LED bulbs to illuminate my number plate this evening, I have a t6.1 with barn doors, however I now have a warning on the dash to check these lights. Both bulbs are working fine, anything I can do to clear this or should I just put original bulbs back in? Thanks
I presume it can be turned off in VCDS or carista etc.

Fitted Vanshade's Tailgate pod. Noticed that if you follow their installation video from YouTube and press the lower section of the pod against the inside curve of the tailgate, the blind doesn't come down straight and leaves a gap at each side (photo with the red arrow). To counter this, I made a curve shaped infil piece to keep the lower section of the pod straight. Spoke to vanshades and they say the video is old and they leave a finger width gap in the middle of the lower section of the pod.

IMG_9799.jpeg

IMG_9843.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Popped in a new 95Ah battery, coded and charged. Left it without a heat jacket at least for time being.

C5A837E0-4EA5-4049-93F8-91FFE8096790.jpeg

Also tried to ”loan” battery dirt cover from my old 2004 T5 but seems that would not fit even with some cutting as the cover recess sits on the engine bay front lip

59C77713-AD08-4FB0-B3A7-FDCB6FB98A4F.jpeg

Your van looks ace. Did you change the upper grill strips yourself? If so, easy to do? Thanks

Thanks. No this was one of the conversion options when we were specifying our van. The grill strips and section of the mirror are basically painted with gloss black paint. It’s a nice look I think.

Loving this set up. Have you posted a write up on it at all?

Thanks - I haven't posted anything about that setup. It's very basic though!

It's done as per the setup in the diagram below, but I replaced the tap and the foot pump in the diagram with the all-in-one Whale V hand-operated pump-tap:
  • Freshwater tank → hosepipe → pump-tap
  • Sink → hosepipe → greywater tank
Is there anything else you'd like to know? :thumbsup:

Conventional footpump setup:

1658738027612.jpeg

Compared to my slightly simpler tap-pump setup from post #9,987:

a99a70a8-cbde-4871-9ff0-7ee816ce23aa-jpeg.166386

Back