What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I don’t know how happy I would be having my roof held down by plastic clips.
I’ve got popstraps the same idea as that but with metal clips.
Ya its PETG and 3d Printed. I Orientated the print for maximum strength but ill keep and eye on the clips over the next few weeks. For me it was worth a shot. Those Pop Straps look great. Might even buy them to be fair ha ha but a 3d printer and constantly thinking about things to do on my van gives me notions ha

Although you can also buy the metal hooks here

25mm 'J' Hook mild steel/ nylon coated, black

Fitted the new roof bars and the slimline licence plates.

2024-04-05 16.38.33.jpg

The original number plate holder didn't fit the new number plate, so I designed up a new one and 3d printed it, fits quite nicely.

2024-04-05 07.55.16.jpg

Got the new gloss black badgeless grill, matching lower grills and the rear roof spoiler ( which I will have to paint) , and trapazoidal side bars today. I'll be fitted the new DRLs into the lower grill, new LED headlight bulbs, going to be a busy weekend.

Last edited:
Not today but yesterday, fitted the Victron Smart Shunt I bought from @RunDSG. Top chap for dispatching really quickly - thanks :thumbsup: . Great bit of kit so I can now see what the battery (Fogstar Drift 105ah) is up to in the same app as the DC-DC, MPPT (when I fit it!) and iP65 smart charger. Just need to wire the (slowly dying) starter battery into the aux on the shunt so I can keep an eye on that too without needing to use the BM2 app. Also fitted a switch to the DC-DC so I can turn that off and will do the same for the Amblemail AMT12-2 so I can control when the starter battery is being trickle charged.

IMG_6877.jpeg
(work in progress so wiring needs tidying up).

OK, so I didn't get stuck in a field, (even though it looks like I did). Finally got round to fitting @Leemondo12 's centre caps on my Velare VLR07's. Easiest way to get the old ones out was taking the wheels off.
Very pleased, look much nicer than the oxidised originals, certainly lower maintenance. Thanks again, again Lee!
Van bathtime now...

20240405_183441.jpg

New side rails are on, I got the Leighton Vans Australia ones and they were very easy to fit.

2024-04-06 16.58.06.jpg
I got the front bumper and grill off to fit the new gloss black grill, and then decided to paint the lower fog light inserts gloss black as well. It is quite a mission getting those off compared to the other ones, and hopefully I won't damage the paint getting them back on tonight, we want to head down the coast and take out mountain bikes in the van tomorrow
2024-04-06 16.57.52.jpg

I also fitted all the LED headlight bulbs. I went with the Philips ones, and they seem very focused, and because the low beams are less than 1700 lumen, legal over here. The high beams are the Philips Ultinon 9100s and they are very bright. We will see how they go this evening,

I managed to get all the work I'd planned for the weekend done today. This is how it looks now, gloss black badgeless grill and matching gloss black mid and lower inserts Leighton Vans trapazoidal side bars and roof bars. I have Philips LEDs in the DRLs, and will wire up the other Philips DRLs in the coming days.

2024-04-06 20.21.22.jpg

I have also fitted the Philips Ultinon Pro6000 Boost H7 LEDs in the low beam

2024-04-06 20.21.01.jpg

The are "Road Legal" in Germany, and most of Europe according to Philips, and you can see why, they have a very neat cut off, and at 1700 Lumen, don't require the washers/auto levelling like HIDs, I don't think they will dazzle other drivers with the headlights set properly.

2024-04-06 20.19.07.jpg

The high beams are great, a big difference to the stock H7s the came with the van,

2024-04-06 20.21.12.jpg

Back