What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I've still only done one side unfortunately and only a short drive on city roads. I'd say it does sound a bit quieter but also have not gone on a motorway for a real test.

Sound deadening the doors and fitting the extra seals made a big difference. It's a bit sad but I smile every time the door thuds shut. The scuttle was a smaller differences and I imagine this will have less of an impact as well but they add up to a big difference. I don't regret doing any of them.

For the doors I loosened the inner door skin and got as much 2mm deadening as I could on the outer door panel, then coated the inner in as much as I thought was realistically going to make a difference then 20mm and 10mm foam on the door cards.

Now when driving I'm more distracted by noises inside the van than outside so have been greasing the seat swivels and rock and roll bed mechanism.

I did this mostly because my other car is a passat gt line and the sound deadening on that is phenomenal. It's so quiet around town.

My T6 tyres nearly need replacing so I'm going to replace with slightly larger wheels and get cross climates and I'll be confident I've done everything I can within a reasonable budget.

Have you nnoticd much difference with this mate?
As well as my above reply one thing I would say is I boughtthe sound deadening as a mix and match from different places - the butyl from ebay and foam from aliexpress. Having looked at the branded stuff I'm not convinced there is that much difference but who knows you might get a bit more of an effect.

I figure the law of diminishing returns is quite relevant in sound deadening.

Thanks for the reply. I have done the doors, door cards and scuttle also. Just trying to add the little percentages as they all make a big difference combined.

Not as exciting as some - fitted Devonport wheels to replace my huge 20 inch wheels (well BRMS did - great service and staff).

Van feels much happier, but I do only have a 102 BHP.

IMG_7173.png

Thanks for the reply. I have done the doors, door cards and scuttle also. Just trying to add the little percentages as they all make a big difference combined.
I'd say it took me about an hour and a half to do one side. Part of that was faffing around with the stupid plastic clip that broke - it might be quicker if you take the wheel off but I'm on a slight slope so I'm always nervy of taking the wheel off if I don't have to.

Have you added the extra door seals?
I used this one:

I did this first and was actually quite impressed, all add up though.

Not as exciting as some - fitted Devonport wheels to replace my huge 20 inch wheels (well BRMS did - great service and staff).

Van feels much happier, but I do only have a 102 BHP.

View attachment 262643
V nice. I'm in the market for some devonports but finding some near to me in good condition cheaply is proving difficult. Not fussed on tyres as I'm planning to change them. I think I'll just have to accept some kerbing or pay more.

Is yours lowered?

V nice. I'm in the market for some devonports but finding some near to me in good condition cheaply is proving difficult. Not fussed on tyres as I'm planning to change them. I think I'll just have to accept some kerbing or pay more.

Is yours lowered?
Hi nonub, I don’t know, but in the photo it does look lower (but I bought it as it was and no expert). To my eye since changing wheels it does look a bit lower but might be an optical ilusion - it is a T28 fully converted so heavy full of camper stuff. (before picture attached). Guessing the wheels are smaller so makes it a bit lower.

IMG_7174.png

Looking at the

Is yours lowered?
looking at tyre size comparison it has dropped it by 1.5 inch compare to old tyres.

Back