No not really without seeing it, check you have permanent 12v at camera, check you have 12v when selecting reverse, check the camera feed cables are in the correct plug/pins on the back of the headunit, check to coding has been done correctly

A couple of pointers, the camera will NOT work if the tailgate is open so must be closed when testing
If the coding has been done correctly you should see a different display on the radio screen even if there is no video signal being inputed
You have to use an upto date version of VCDS, older versions will not be able to communicate with the modules and will prob ask for an access code before accepting coding, a current version shouldn't need this
Some vehicles don't register coding changes immediately and the vehicle needs to be allowed to 'sleep' before the changes take effect

Digging up another old thread. Where's the best place to pick up a reverse feed to trigger my 360 cam, as near to dash as possible? I've read that it's a green/black running along the main n/s loom to the back and I see there's a fuse to it in the engine bay but is there somewhere behind the dash I can pick it up?

hum.. Looking at the quad lock picture and file Loz posted up, the red wire with white tracer (positive) I thought went to the left front speaker pin 2 and pin 3 right speaker positive , its been a long day maybe I am having a senior moment.........

Hey..

Posted else where on t6 that i had upgraded on my spec sheet..the basic head unit to the composite 6 inch non sat nav version. I got this because i was told that the basic head unit doesnt allow installation of the oem eversing camera..is this true? Whats the bog standard headunit like? Does it have dab?
Thxs

The small screen headunit is not compatible with factory reverse camera

It does have DAB though, and it's been a damn good radio in my T6, and still is..

Have a read of the attached it will help you understand the differences.

Attachments

• SSP__562__Infotainment_and_Car-Net_in_T6_2016_and_Caddy_2016.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 144
The basic unit doesn't have DAB, or at least it didn't 2 yrs ago when I got mine

i got the big screen without satnav, and no app connect (as in BattleStar Galactica: "Don't network computers, bad things happen" :) )
just so i could retro fit the camera after and have a larger view of it
hardly use radio these day (horrible music, and BS topics talked about) so can't even comment on quality of reception
seem there is no auto retune in the background though (on some cars, they have 2 tuners: the one you listen, and one in the background that keeps looking for channels)

Sure I have the standard stereo and have the factory fitted reversing camera. I certainly didn't pay for the stereo upgrade

Sure I have the standard stereo and have the factory fitted reversing camera. I certainly didn't pay for the stereo upgrade
Some of the basic ones could have a camera added from factory if it was the correct part number

But a aftermarket camera can be added to the basic one even if it’s not the correct part number

Help! Error code 06720!
Just back from work today and my rear camera has stopped working, parking sensors are fine but "Park Pilot Currently Not Available" is showing, carista has found error code 06720 Infotainment System
Any help please guys or is it back to VW.

Hi
Has anybody fitted one of these modules which allows a 510 VW radio to be used for a reversing camera

Thanks in advance
Andy

63FD3468-6B76-4852-9FFD-B54F43FD3527.png

BC4EE3FB-2089-4BA3-8390-07619A58BC09.jpeg F8C77865-55BA-474A-AE52-7F762E5C33F2.jpeg FE5DDA40-D5CE-44D6-AE90-31DA843F752D.jpeg
Hi
Could someone give me advice on how to wire the up.
I have a T6 highline, I’m trying to fit a retro fit revering camera/ stop light in the tailgate.
Do I need another head unit or can I plug this one in.
I thought it was a case to plug and play how wrong could I be.

That headunit has a camera input but it’s not a phono plug like your camera it’s pin 6 and 12 on the 12 pin block
I have a couple adapter leads made up if you want to try one

That headunit has a camera input but it’s not a phono plug like your camera it’s pin 6 and 12 on the 12 pin block
I have a couple adapter leads made up if you want to try one
Morning

Many thanks for the reply, 6 & 12 already have wires in it but I assume that’s the front and rear sensors,

The adapter, that’s very good of you anything worth a try.

Cheers

Mike

Morning

Many thanks for the reply, 6 & 12 already have wires in it but I assume that’s the front and rear sensors,

The adapter, that’s very good of you anything worth a try.

Cheers

Mike
Are you sure they go anywhere, that little blue connector in the quadlock looks like the camera input to me?

Back