At 5.2 tonnes total train weight I'd settle for 24mpg, I think that's reasonable.
Me too! The van is mapped which in normal payload conditions returns 34-35. As you know the main thing with diesels is torque. I drive using the torque curve and not revs and it pulls superbly.

Well, finally got a couple of longer runs on the van, 150 miles each way down to Dorset and back.

Heavy motorway traffic on the way there, lighter on the way back. Sitting at 60-65mph plus the 50mph limit sections. T6 150 DSG caravelle with camping gear so fairly well loaded up.

42mpg out and 43mpg back. I'm sitting at 370 mile with just under half a tank left.

Reactions: CAB
Well, finally got a couple of longer runs on the van, 150 miles each way down to Dorset and back.

Heavy motorway traffic on the way there, lighter on the way back. Sitting at 60-65mph plus the 50mph limit sections. T6 150 DSG caravelle with camping gear so fairly well loaded up.

42mpg out and 43mpg back. I'm sitting at 370 mile with just under half a tank left.
Is that on the MFD or measured?

That's on the MFD, so probably nowhere near accurate! But if I can get 650 miles from 70l that equates to 43mpg so fairly accurate I'd hope!
I've never taken mine under half a tank, I wonder if the needle moves quicker on the last half?

I've never taken mine under half a tank, I wonder if the needle moves quicker on the last half?
It actually does, but tbh I've found the range indicator fairly accurate on this and my old Skoda (also a 150tdi DSG engine). I used to regularly get 650+ miles out of my Skoda with a 66l tank.

When I next fill up I'll try and note down the mileage and the fuel I put in to see how accurate it is.

Last edited:
Got 45MPG on 500 mile run over 2 days - mostly motorway with traffic jams and using cruise control mostly where possible.
(T6,1 / 150 / 22plate / 6speed / 17" wheels)

Just returned from a few weeks in Italy, covered a little short of 3000 miles, avoided toll roads where I could and all LE zones although the miles included driving around 4 major cities. Used E5 as much as possible in my 2018 TSi 305hp campervan, 3/4 loaded ( full of wine coming back ) average for the trip was 35mpg. Very happy with that.

I always calculate mine manually, rather than trust the on board and get between 36mpg and 39mpg normal use.
Best is a recent 600 mile trip to and from the Lakes got 42mpg mainly 60 - 70 mph dual and motorways using cruise control.
T6 kombi 150 Edition on original 17's

Got 45MPG on 500 mile run over 2 days - mostly motorway with traffic jams and using cruise control mostly where possible.
(T6,1 / 150 / 22plate / 6speed / 17" wheels)

Can't edit the post for some reason. So - that was from a full tank (to the brim) to a full tank (to the brim again)
The MFD said 44.2mpg. Mine was actually - truth be told - 44.8mpg with a calculator.

On my 20” (275) shod T6 5spd 102 I get 38.6mpg now after 3k in all drive situations on the MFD. (cracking amount of acronyms there if you can decode that lot). So, I am relatively pleased, I do put decent fuel in most of the time and use the Redex Diesel (cheap at Tescos) treatment stuff every 10th refuel. And if I ever get out on a decent road where I’m not swerving around alloy trashing potholes I’m sure I could closer to 40mpg.

2016 T32 150, 6 speed, mild remap, EGR off, run on super. Part converted, always have weight in the back. I’m getting mid to high 40’s, mixed A road and some traffic. With lots of stop start and giving it some beans, I’ll hit mid to high 30’s.

I should probably add, I mostly use cruise when I can and normal cruising speed is around 65.

Last edited:
2016 T32 150, 6 speed, mild remap, EGR off, run on super. Part converted, always have weight in the back. I’m getting mid to high 40’s, mixed A road and some traffic. With lots of stop start and giving it some beans, I’ll hit mid to high 30’s.

I should probably add, I mostly use cruise when I can and normal cruising speed is around 65.
That is impressive and just shows what can be achieved with these engines.

Have been recording mine for a while, 2018 T32 (102), on daily commuting (mostly 50mph) am getting 44-45, when away touring its 40ish. This is calculated, the actual figure on the MFD (trip 2, reset every fill up) is always in excess of this, generally it says 50ish

That is impressive and just shows what can be achieved with these engines.
Thanks. 144k on the clock too lol :D

One of the things I do love is how economical the van is. I’m used to MPG in the teens around town and 20’s on a run, so this is amazing. I sometimes wish I had the performance, but it’s a perfect mile muncher.

Back