Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Wow. We couldn’t get the van on the ferry so went across for the day as foot passengers. Only saw Tobermory. We will deffo be back.
Looks like you’re having a great time. Enjoy.
There are two drive up ferry's that you don't need to book ,just home now we went back on one of the drive up ferry's £13 single it's a 17 minutes trip .

Aubignan, France.....in the shadow of Mont Ventoux. 950 miles covered in a day and a half on a mix of Motorways, A roads, Autoroutes and some very strange French diversions around Rouen.
Doris performed really well, returning an average 47.5 mpg and the driving position seems to suit me.....no sore arse or any aches or pains. Just hoping she doesn't melt in this heat like my old CR-V.

20220521_164215.jpg

What canopy is that? Don't think I've got that one ;)
Tbh it looks a bit odd in the wind. It’s the vango sky canopy. Hi bought the side panels and not so sure about them but put one of them in this weekend to act as a windbreak as we are very close to the coast. My third awning/canopy now…

If you can fit one in your van (they are packed long) then they really are so quick and easy with the beauty you can drive off without messing about with driveway awnings. Not for everyone but suits us fine.

Ragley Hall near Alcester for the Get In 2022 Warwickshire District Scout camp. It's a big old event with c. 5,000 Scouts there this weekend. Loads of brilliant activities for them including archery, air rifle shooting, climbing walls, escape rooms, obstacle courses, axe throwing, fire making, science areas teaching them about renewable energies etc. All sorts going on. I was a neckerchief wearing native myself this weekend - camped over to help shepherd 20 Scouts from my lad's troop. The phrase 'herding cats' springs to mind, but good fun. The site was packed, but found a quiet little corner away from the madness of where our troop was camping for a bit of evening peace and quiet. Plenty of other T6's there...

Ragley 1.jpg.pngRagley 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back