Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Ragley Hall near Alcester for the Get In 2022 Warwickshire District Scout camp. It's a big old event with c. 5,000 Scouts there this weekend. Loads of brilliant activities for them including archery, air rifle shooting, climbing walls, escape rooms, obstacle courses, axe throwing, fire making, science areas teaching them about renewable energies etc. All sorts going on. I was a neckerchief wearing native myself this weekend - camped over to help shepherd 20 Scouts from my lad's troop. The phrase 'herding cats' springs to mind, but good fun. The site was packed, but found a quiet little corner away from the madness of where our troop was camping for a bit of evening peace and quiet. Plenty of other T6's there...

View attachment 157455View attachment 157456
I can see my tent! Canvas for me this weekend while looking after (herding ) 30 Cub Scouts! Only just caught up on the lost sleep

82681FC7-FF59-43AD-88D1-963091F17AFE.jpeg
We’ve been to Weymouth overnight for my brother's wedding. We stayed at a B&B rather than in the van. I have a picture of the van parked up and the seafront. Didn’t get to park the van on the seafront sadly. Waved to about a million vans on the run there and back.

B9DEB09F-5BB8-40F6-A623-FF6BFEE6D3CF.jpeg

Last edited:
Is that The Barn at Beal? Love it there, not camped yet but good spot for dog walks around to Goswick Golf Course
It is. We were supposed to be having a second night further up the coast but when we saw the view we enquired and got the last pitch. Expensive if you go just on the facilities but for views and location worth every penny

Back