Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

We spent the last night of our month long trip at the Tan Hill Inn which is properly in the middle of nowhere. We popped up from our campsite in Reeth to have a swift half before dinner. When my wife saw how much I was enjoying the beer she asked and bagged the last room for us (they do allow campers in the car park as well). Suffice to say that I got absolutely hammered and enjoyed a smashing breakfast this morning. The drive home across the Yorkshire and Cumbria moors was spectacular

View attachment 158995

View attachment 158996

View attachment 158997

View attachment 158998
That absolutely is the way to do it! Hats off to you!!!

Another idyllic day in the Outer Hebrides. This afternoon we drove up the hill to the St Kilda viewpoint, and just spotted the islands through the haze.

DSC_4810.JPG

Edit: those you can see on the upper right aren't St Kilda! We thought they were at first, but they are much further off.

Definitely will be booking a boat trip out there next time we come this way.

Ah, sadly I’m from Lincolnshire (but had a Yorkshire mother and three Yorkshire grandparents) so all those hills seemed a bit scary :oops:
Don't worry, you're not alone - I once had a car delivered from Doncaster and the driver was utterly astounded by the hills around here. He might have been a Tyke, but he obviously didn't get out this way much (which might account for the distinct smell of burning clutch when he pullet up :rolleyes:).

Back