Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

I’ll post a reply tomorrow! They are going to code the spare key (non smart key) that hasn’t worked since I bought the van. I’ve asked them to look at why the steering wheel drives slightly right hands down when heading in a straight line. They offered to wash it but warned me to say no if I wouldn’t ordinarily leave it at a car wash saying the washing is contracted out and you never know which guy will turn up to do it. . I’ve said no.
I hung around in the showroom for about half an hour waiting to be picked you, I wasn’t offered a drink. I could have asked but that’s not the point - I never needed to ask when I took my mini in to the dealership.
It’s laughable - this is easy money for them and they drop the ball on simple things like a cuppa!

I’ll post a reply tomorrow! They are going to code the spare key (non smart key) that hasn’t worked since I bought the van. I’ve asked them to look at why the steering wheel drives slightly right hands down when heading in a straight line. They offered to wash it but warned me to say no if I wouldn’t ordinarily leave it at a car wash saying the washing is contracted out and you never know which guy will turn up to do it. . I’ve said no.
I hung around in the showroom for about half an hour waiting to be picked you, I wasn’t offered a drink. I could have asked but that’s not the point - I never needed to ask when I took my mini in to the dealership.
That’s where I get mine serviced. They don’t seem too bad or expensive. I’m never offered a drink either - not like getting my BMW serviced at Dick Lovett where I get offered coffee and biscuits every 15 minutes or so!

When I used to take my Smart Car for a service at the Mercedes main dealer at Cribbs Causway they would have a driver take you to the shopping centre next door and they would give you a voucher to get lunch at one of the eateries, when the car was finished they'd ring you to tell you and the driver would come and pick you up and take you back to pick your car up.

Got to Spain this afternoon. First stop, Camping y Caravanning Oyambre, Galicia (as recommended by someone on this forum). Seems a nice site with a pool (a bit chilly but we used it). Bought some food to BBQ but looked like the weather was about to turn, so ate a Menu Del Dia in the site restaurant, which wasn't bad at all.

52127330501_c594383515_c.jpgOyambre by Nigel G, on Flickr

Some grilled squid

52127842635_b18139398c_c.jpggrilled squid by Nigel G, on Flickr

@Ayjay and the world. I’ve just picked my van up from the VW Van Centre in Swindon from its complimentary service. Everything seems to be as it should be. No issues with the van, no invitation to shell out hundreds of pounds on random service related fixes. They have reprogrammed all 3 keys, allegedly, however on testing them since I got home I have found the non smart key that didn’t work before that I took in specially so that they could fix it, still does not work! . I’ve called them and the service desk has apologised and asked me to drop the van back in tomorrow so that they can try to fix the problem. He suggests there might be something wrong with the key . I think there might be something wrong with the technician who did the key coding.
Everything else seems to be ok. They were fairly efficient. I got a call to let me know that the van was just back from the road test to establish if the steering wheel is actually off centre. It is, but there is nothing bent or broken on the van. They have recommended a full 4 wheel alignment and suggested I use SaveOn Tyres in Swindon - that is who they use.
I was given a feedback card and asked to provide feedback on the service I/my van received. It was suggested that only 5⭐️ Views are in with a chance of winning the £100 vouchers prize! I’ll not be giving 5⭐️ based on todays experience.

Impromptu night away last night for Mak's 4th birthday today, stayed on shore of Loch Lomond at Cashel Campsite. Walked one of the routes around the nature reserve then drove to Balloch for another walk around the country park. Chips and Fritters from the chippy and headed home. PXL_20220606_155707834.jpgPXL_20220607_124800913.MP.jpgPXL_20220607_091806081.jpgPXL_20220607_092117287.jpgPXL_20220607_104651580.jpg

PXL_20220607_091806081.jpg

We have driven across the north of Galicia and down to Muros. The weather was quite crap, with cloud, rain and fog, the view that we did see would have been tremendous. We went through one toll on a motorway. We do have toll things for the van. Went through a dedicated lane for toll passes, and it bleeped like mad but didn't open the barrier. tried agin, did the same. Luckily it wasn't busy, so I could reverse out to go through a pay one. We have one for France and one for Spain. They are both new as our last ones had run out of battery, so I assumed it was buggered. Turns out it was user error. I had the French one attached to my screen!

52131901966_f982a68194_c.jpgFog by Nigel G, on Flickr

We stopped at As Catedrais ( Cathedral Beach), which looking at the internet, looks stunning. Unfortunately the tide was in and wasn't out until after 7PM tonight, so we missed it at it's best.

52130874737_2995b60907_c.jpgAs Catedrais by Nigel G, on Flickr

52131922333_46ef539737_c.jpgCatedrais Pano by Nigel G, on Flickr

We then got to our site Camping A' Vouga. Very cramped, only just got our van and awning on. Luckily the guy next to us (not the empty caravan which we can touch out of the side window) is just a van, so not really encroaching his space at all. The place looks very dated and run down, mainly caravans and motorhomes. and on the whole disappointing. Perhaps we have been spoiled on sites we have used in the past. It backs on to a beach, which is a plus. Our pitch is next to a road which shouldn't be busy but sounds like a motorway. Luckily only 2 nights here and we will be off exploring all day tomorrow. The place has a bar and restaurant and as I can't be bothered to unhook I think we'll be stopping here for dinner.

52131950413_e686b07a70_c.jpgA Vouga by Nigel G, on Flickr

52132167084_4a8ab11c92_c.jpgA'Vouga by Nigel G, on Flickr

52131959098_f9fa3a32b0_c.jpgA Vouga 2 by Nigel G, on Flickr

Last edited:
We have driven across the north of Galicia and down to Muros. The weather was quite crap, with cloud, rain and fog, the view that we did see would have been tremendous. We went through one toll on a motorway. We do have toll things for the van. Went through a dedicated lane for toll passes, and it bleeped like mad but didn't open the barrier. tried agin, did the same. Luckily it wasn't busy, so I could reverse out to go through a pay one. We have one for France and one for Spain. They are both new as our last ones had run out of battery, so I assumed it was buggered. Turns out it was user error. I had the French one attached to my screen!

View attachment 159797Fog by Nigel G, on Flickr

We stopped at As Catedrais ( Cathedral Beach), which looking at the internet, looks stunning. Unfortunately the tide was in and wasn't out until after 7PM tonight, so we missed it at it's best.

View attachment 159798As Catedrais by Nigel G, on Flickr

View attachment 159799Catedrais Pano by Nigel G, on Flickr

We then got to our site Camping A' Vouga. Very cramped, only just got our van and awning on. Luckily the guy next to us (not the empty caravan which we can touch out of the side window) is just a van, so not really encroaching his space at all. The place looks very dated and run down, mainly caravans and motorhomes. and on the whole disappointing. Perhaps we have been spoiled on sites we have used in the past. It backs on to a beach, which is a plus. Our pitch is next to a road which shouldn't be busy but sounds like a motorway. Luckily only 2 nights here and we will be off exploring all day tomorrow. The place has a bar and restaurant and as I can't be bothered to unhook I think we'll be stopping here for dinner.

View attachment 159800A Vouga by Nigel G, on Flickr

View attachment 159801A'Vouga by Nigel G, on Flickr

View attachment 159802A Vouga 2 by Nigel G, on Flickr
Clearly never heard of fire breaks.

Back