Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Took the van into Cordwallis at Maidenhead today signed up to the All-In plan from VW the whole procedure took 3 hrs (they were short staffed) but at least I now have 2 sevices, 2 mot's, 2 years roadside cover and 2 years Warranty all for £26 per month. Seems a good deal but we will see! how it all pans out!

We have now arrived in Santiago De Compestela. We are staying on the As Cancelas site, more or less in the city (2 KM walk to centre of town or a 1€ bus trip). Nice big pitches, and on first impressions, actually not bad. Shame the pool is closed. A big shopping centre very close by, so able to stock up at Carrefour. The onsite bar and restaurant looks OK too.

It is certainly better than the last site anyway. Last night my (mains powered) electrics went off and the van’s electric tripped. Reset it and plugged back into the post but it didn't work so assumed it had tripped in there and the RCD was locked away and needed to be dealt with by staff. I used my neighbours point and everything worked fine until late in the night, the van tripped off again. I blamed the crappy site until we began to get ready for the day and noticed the wife had trapped an extension lead in the working parts of the seat as she set the bed up and it was almost severed. It was shorting on the metal frame!

52135863867_28f8b49428_c.jpgCamping As Cancelas by Nigel G, on Flickr

What did you do ?
I was driving through a town heading towards Fisterra, following the sat nav. I saw a sign showing a scenic route to the left and on the nav it also showed it as an alternative route. I decided to turn around and saw a petrol station ahead on my left that I could turn into to go back the way I came. I knew the police were behind me as they had been for a short distance. Indicated left, waited for the oncoming traffic to pass and turned in. The police followed me and pulled me in. He spoke fairly good English and pointed out the bloody sign telling me that it was no left turn which I hadn't seen. Bugger. The way he was talking, I thought I was just going to get advice, but no, "do you want to pay cash or by card" was his question!
TBH, if I had ever stopped a foreign car they'd have been unlucky, a ticket would have been in the too hard to do pile!

I'le d'O'leron, Brittany. Overcast and a little cool yesterday when we arrived and also first thing today but by 1200 hrs it was getting very warm with a forecast out to next week of sunny and in the mid to late 20s. We're at a campsite called Camping Signol which apparently has space for 500 or so but has only about occupation of around 100 at the moment (inc. lodges and pitches) but it will probably get busier tomorrow. With a pool complex etc. and only 10 minutes from a nice beach it really puts a lot of UK sites to shame at only 19 Euros a night. Just offshore from the aforementioned beach is the fort (Fort Boyard) where the 1990s game show The Crystal Maze was filmed.
View attachment 160108

We have now arrived in Santiago De Compestela. We are staying on the As Cancelas site, more or less in the city (2 KM walk to centre of town or a 1€ bus trip). Nice big pitches, and on first impressions, actually not bad. Shame the pool is closed. A big shopping centre very close by, so able to stock up at Carrefour. The onsite bar and restaurant looks OK too.

It is certainly better than the last site anyway. Last night my (mains powered) electrics went off and the van’s electric tripped. Reset it and plugged back into the post but it didn't work so assumed it had tripped in there and the RCD was locked away and needed to be dealt with by staff. I used my neighbours point and everything worked fine until late in the night, the van tripped off again. I blamed the crappy site until we began to get ready for the day and noticed the wife had trapped an extension lead in the working parts of the seat as she set the bed up and it was almost severed. It was shorting on the metal frame!

View attachment 160142Camping As Cancelas by Nigel G, on Flickr
That could have been a lot worse! My Mrs did the sane last year when she shut the door while I had a 240v extension running onto the awning. Safe to say we now have a much shorter extension lead now.

No, we have binned it for a couple of years as Macron Is being an arse!

If you fancy borrowing our inflatable kayak (3-4 seater) you’re more than welcome to. You’re not far from us so we could meet up
That's an incredibly generous offer @JOG. We've been given a small tender by the in laws and had a cheap inflatable kayak already, but discovered the latter has got a puncture or two. We're going to try and repair and will see how that goes - if we have no success I may be in touch.

That's an incredibly generous offer @JOG. We've been given a small tender by the in laws and had a cheap inflatable kayak already, but discovered the latter has got a puncture or two. We're going to try and repair and will see how that goes - if we have no success I may be in touch.
No probs! It’s only being stored these days. It’s the Decathlon 3-seat one, if you look it up

View attachment 160142Camping As Cancelas by Nigel G, on Flickr

This, the police fine, trying to get through a toll with the wrong pass - I love your honesty! Keep a diary and it’ll make a great comedy short as long as things keep going ‘not so smoothly’…

I'le d'O'leron, Brittany. Overcast and a little cool yesterday when we arrived and also first thing today but by 1200 hrs it was getting very warm with a forecast out to next week of sunny and in the mid to late 20s. We're at a campsite called Camping Signol which apparently has space for 500 or so but has only about occupation of around 100 at the moment (inc. lodges and pitches) but it will probably get busier tomorrow. With a pool complex etc. and only 10 minutes from a nice beach it really puts a lot of UK sites to shame at only 19 Euros a night. Just offshore from the aforementioned beach is the fort (Fort Boyard) where the 1990s game show The Crystal Maze was filmed.
Just booked in for a couple more nights.I was wrong about the cost - it was actually 18 Euros a night (with ACSI/CC ).

@True Romance. Not touring a lot of it - just a Brittany and Normandy with maybe a bit of Belgium on the way home depending on weather and time (which is fairly flexible - the time that is not the weather!).

Took the van into Cordwallis at Maidenhead today signed up to the All-In plan from VW the whole procedure took 3 hrs (they were short staffed) but at least I now have 2 sevices, 2 mot's, 2 years roadside cover and 2 years Warranty all for £26 per month. Seems a good deal but we will see! how it all pans out!
I signed up with Cornwallis Maidenhead a couple of months ago. All seemed to be OK, but after the inspection, I realised my leisure battery was no longer charging. I opened the bonnet to find they’d disconnected the cable to dc-dc converter from the starter battery and just left it dangling in the engine bay - not impressed!
I’ll be going further afield for servicing

Simon

We love North Morte but I do hate camping on a ski slope even though we do always carry levelling ramps.

I went for a virtual day trip to the seaside, had a lovely time, ate lunch in the van, had a stroll along the promenade, took some photos.

It was awesome, there was no traffic jams and the parking right along the sea wall was free all day.

And then I woke up and realised I am still waiting to collect my new (to me) van :cool::rolleyes:

Back