Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

IIRC, I took my pic as we were setting-off on the trip mentioned here...

Sorry to reread that Bav. We carried bikes on the roof on our first holiday to Holland, and the car struggled to get to 70mph on the motorways. The following year I borrowed that tow bar rack and the car went much better. I do struggle though with the sea kayaks on the roof of the van, as in Scotland, a lot of rural carparks have installed 2m height barriers since Covid drive holiday makers to drive and camp anywhere and everywhere.

Reactions: Bav
Sorry to reread that Bav. We carried bikes on the roof on our first holiday to Holland, and the car struggled to get to 70mph on the motorways. The following year I borrowed that tow bar rack and the car went much better. I do struggle though with the sea kayaks on the roof of the van, as in Scotland, a lot of rural carparks have installed 2m height barriers since Covid drive holiday makers to drive and camp anywhere and everywhere.
I can laugh about it now, but at the time it was immensely stressful. We were heading home on the Saturday morning and I dropped our stuff off at the hauliers on the Friday, with about 5 mins to spare before they were due to close for the weekend.

Bit of a radom stop. Saw this advertised from the M5 the other week so thought we give it a try.

Droitwich marina Spa.

So far so good. Though do appear to have travellers on here which I'm not to sure about. Will hang fire openning the beer until later to see what happens..

View attachment 207452
View attachment 207453
We stay on a site 30 miles from home for just a night away, and they have travellers, foreign veg pickers and long stay caravaners. We have never had any bother and all very pleasant. Get your beer open :)

Bit of a radom stop. Saw this advertised from the M5 the other week so thought we give it a try.

Droitwich marina Spa.

So far so good. Though do appear to have travellers on here which I'm not to sure about. Will hang fire openning the beer until later to see what happens..

View attachment 207452
View attachment 207453
5 minutes up the canal to the Eagle and Sun for a pint.
If you walk through the gates and turn right, the rugby club are pretty relaxed about dogs being walked around the pitches. Might even catch a rabbit for your tea!

Handy site that for York. Decent chippy out from the back gates too.
Yeah nice clean site, but a bit car park like :D Would defo stay again though. Saw the chippy on one of our many wanders, will try it next time:thumbsup:

5 minutes up the canal to the Eagle and Sun for a pint.
If you walk through the gates and turn right, the rugby club are pretty relaxed about dogs being walked around the pitches. Might even catch a rabbit for your tea!
Thanks, yes clocked the pub. Will be trying it out tomorrow.

I got a big promotion at the end of June which has led me to spend a lot of time in Bournemouth these last few weeks. I’ve been spending weekdays in the van as a result. Tried a few different places with mixed results. My favourite so far is Riverside Lakes near Wimborne. Even though it’s school holiday time it’s mostly quiet and a very pretty, spacious site. Only downside is the lack of signal which makes working in the evening difficult (possibly an upside for some).

Any recommendations for similar within half an hour very welcome. IMG_2101.jpeg

I got a big promotion at the end of June which has led me to spend a lot of time in Bournemouth these last few weeks. I’ve been spending weekdays in the van as a result. Tried a few different places with mixed results. My favourite so far is Riverside Lakes near Wimborne. Even though it’s school holiday time it’s mostly quiet and a very pretty, spacious site. Only downside is the lack of signal which makes working in the evening difficult (possibly an upside for some).

Any recommendations for similar within half an hour very welcome.
Dapplewood Caravan Site is just down the road from me, so about 10mins the other side of Wimborne from where you’re currently staying. I’ve never stayed there, but it is a quiet site and i think it has WiFi, and always looks nice - just round the corner from a great pub at Holt too…

We've just come back from a week's familey holiday just outside Newquay, stayed at a site called Hendra, been 3 years in a row now. Set off at 4:45 this morning to miss the traffic and all was well until vibrations started. Managed to get in at my local Protyre and the weights had come off the front wheels but the rear tyres are bald on the inside - camber needs adjusting. Going to get booked in for 2 new tyres next weekend and get everything set right. The joys.

Back