Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Was a week or so ago but a last minute visit to the Forest of Dean and found Clearwell Caves which are a fascinating hour and a half hiking underground through 2000 years plus of mining history. Great for inquisitive young uns.

20230716_112713.JPG20230716_113723.JPG20230716_120447.JPG

Just over the road is Perrygrove Railway Adventure, a family adventure park with tree top adventure walks, tube mazes and playgrounds over a large site with a miniature steam railway weaving through it, pure heaven for toddlers to young teens and not bad for parents either.

20230716_134929.JPG

We didn't camp but did an Air BnB at a farm in the area, Pen-y-Dre Farm, but I did note they had a small camping field as well as Bed and Breakfast, can't speak for those but the cottage was a great place to stay:

20230714_210302.JPG
20230714_210218.JPG

Last edited:
Santa Pod yesterday, saw a few other T6's there, besides those camping, and back via Bibury.

Nice set up @JamesD...we are looking at G2 residences atm although its limited if you have the LWB and a Thule 3m 4900. Pleased with yours?Is that a G3?
I think it’s a G2 rain room. I’ll get the details when I get home but very happy. Now ditched everything else (2 awnings) and carry only this for weekends and 2 weeks in France

We've just come back from a week's familey holiday just outside Newquay, stayed at a site called Hendra, been 3 years in a row now. Set off at 4:45 this morning to miss the traffic and all was well until vibrations started. Managed to get in at my local Protyre and the weights had come off the front wheels but the rear tyres are bald on the inside - camber needs adjusting. Going to get booked in for 2 new tyres next weekend and get everything set right. The joys.
Found the problem today, a misshapen rear tyre. Just glad it didn't blow out on the road.

20230731_134227.jpg

Was a week or so ago but a last minute visit to the Forest of Dean and found Clearwell Caves which are a fascinating hour and a half hiking underground through 2000 years plus of mining history. Great for inquisitive young uns.

View attachment 207646View attachment 207647View attachment 207648

Just over the road is Perrygrove Railway Adventure, a family adventure park with tree top adventure walks, tube mazes and playgrounds over a large site with a miniature steam railway weaving through it, pure heaven for toddlers to young teens and not bad for parents either.

View attachment 207649

We didn't camp but did an Air BnB at a farm in the area, Pen-y-Dre Farm, but I did note they had a small camping field as well as Bed and Breakfast, can't speak for those but the cottage was a great place to stay:

View attachment 207650
View attachment 207657
On my doorstep. Can recommend Greenacres campsite by Coleford

On my doorstep. Can recommend Greenacres campsite by Coleford

Thanks - that looks like exactly the sort of site we'd be looking for and there were some places we didn't get time to explore last trip :thumbsup:

Thanks - that looks like exactly the sort of site we'd be looking for and there were some places we didn't get time to explore last trip :thumbsup:
Been there 3 times for forest cycling. Modern facilities, super clean and site has a small shop but coleford is 5mins drive or 20min walk for major supplies. No narrow lanes to navigate although access way to site off main road is short and a bit steep

Dapplewood Caravan Site is just down the road from me, so about 10mins the other side of Wimborne from where you’re currently staying. I’ve never stayed there, but it is a quiet site and i think it has WiFi, and always looks nice - just round the corner from a great pub at Holt too…
Thanks for the suggestion. Looks nice but sadly the website says no facilities and I have to scrub up a bit for work.

Back