Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Still touring Somerset, now at the C&cc site in the Mendip Hills, nice site. Priddy is the nearest town, apparently the highest town (village, haven`t seen anyone yet..lol) in Somerset, great beer thought, can recommend. I told the warden I had a BIG awning, she said `NO PROB` when she came back she said `Aaaa, it is quite big isn`t it` Yep, it is.....lol

mendip.jpg

Last edited:
We paid the bill for Camping Selce this morning and it turned out to be €51 per night - ouch (again!). Having moved about 300Km down the coast from Selce, we're now at Kamp Rozac on Trogir for a couple of days. The site is very busy and in some areas seriously packed in but we are fortunate enough to get on of two or three available pitches and chaos one that's reasonably level, with plenty of shade and right on the XPM fence seperating the sight from a small harbour - the fence ends at the end of the concrete harbour about 40M from out pitch with a small beach and there's a much larger one further on. It's the first day of the ACSI CC season and I think the price is €24 which is much better (but I'll confirm that after we've paid on departure). The site is a 2Km stroll from Trogir town which from past experience is quite a cool little place or you can catch a water taxi about 60M from our pitch. There's also an on-site restaurant which we've been told is quite good. We saw two Brit registered vehicle on the whole trip down here today but when we got to the site,
there's was loads of them - apparently, it's a convoy of 15 motorhomes of vicarious shapes and sizes.

Rozac.jpg

I got the shuttle today as well, 2 hour delay, queuing in the car park all the way to passport control :mad:
yeh thats where Flexiplus is a godsend and as I live less than 5 miles to UK Border Force control it is the only way I travel even if it is bloody expensive and getting worse.

As to the current site (Kamp Rozac), the hoard of Brit motorhomes all disappeared this morning (headed for Bosnia Herzegovina which I would like to visit again but, as my Mrs reminded me, it holds some bad memories for me!). We had a walk around the whole site last night and I spotted an another Brit T6 with a DK17 plate - anybody on here. We had a chat between us today and have decided to stay here until Thursday and then find somewhere further down the coast for the weekend - it might be Montenegro but, if not, that will be for next week. We were tempted to head down to the Dubrovnik area for the weekend but we've already got a few of this T Shirts and therefore know that it's a tourist hell most of the time but weekends are the worst. A shame really as it's a lovely place.

We are planning this trip for May next year..any tips and tricks etc?
We took the ferry Hull/Rotterdam then across Holland and Germany to Travemunde on the German Baltic coast, then Ferry to Malmo then north through Sweden, northern Finland then into Northern Norway, that took four days, then one more day to Nordkapp, we then drove east to Kirkenes over by the Russian border. From there we put the van on the Hurtigruten Coastal Express cruise ship, sailing for two days south to Tromso, we needed a rest from driving! From Tromso we made our way south via the Lofoten islands, eventually to Bergen and to Oslo for the ferry to Frederikshavn in Denmark then Germany, Holland and ferry back to hull. I'll post again with recommendations, I have to go out just now

We took the ferry Hull/Rotterdam then across Holland and Germany to Travemunde on the German Baltic coast, then Ferry to Malmo then north through Sweden, northern Finland then into Northern Norway, that took four days, then one more day to Nordkapp, we then drove east to Kirkenes over by the Russian border. From there we put the van on the Hurtigruten Coastal Express cruise ship, sailing for two days south to Tromso, we needed a rest from driving! From Tromso we made our way south via the Lofoten islands, eventually to Bergen and to Oslo for the ferry to Frederikshavn in Denmark then Germany, Holland and ferry back to hull. I'll post again with recommendations, I have to go out just now
Thank you @HotandCold...we are planning on four weeks which we were thinking should be ample time, maybe with the odd boat trip to help. Did you book the boat parts last minute or in advance?

Back