Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

We made it to Greece and am now camped about 25Km over the border at Camping Drepano (near Igoumentsia). This sit is excellent with, I'm guessing, fairly modern facilities, a taverna and the Ionian Sea on each side, but only one of them has direct access. We couldn't get a pitch right on the water but we can see it from either side - the sea is also much warmer than anything we've encountered thus far and Corfu can be seen in the distance. Although I was complimentary about our site last yesterday in Albania (Legjenda), I'm afraid that I can't say the same for the rest of the country (or, at least, the bits that we saw). The whole place seems to be very untidy and dirty with seriously crappy roads in places and even crappier driving standards everywhere (so much so that my wife suggested exploring options for a ferry to Italy for the return journey!). That said, I had heard previously that it was a really cheap place to live and that was borne out by the excellent on-site restaurant last night with two large beers, two bottles of water, a greek salad for two and two really nice spaghetti bolognaises for the princely sum of €15 (the rest of the €20 note that I gave them went into the tip).
This is Camping Drepano and their beach - try hard and you can see the Ionian in the first two..
Drepano1.jpgDrepano2.jpgDrepano3.jpg

We've traveled down from Kenmore near Aberfeldy going over the top to Crieff - not a road for the nervous driver, via North Berwick and Dunbar. We've had fish and chips in Seahouses and now we're parked for the night in one of the council approved camping bays at the links road car park at Bamburgh in sight of the castle.

IMG_1990.jpeg

We've traveled down from Kenmore near Aberfeldy going over the top to Crieff - not a road for the nervous driver, via North Berwick and Dunbar. We've had fish and chips in Seahouses and now we're parked for the night in one of the council approved camping bays at the links road car park at Bamburgh in sight of the castle.

View attachment 213339
Was in North Berwick and Dunbar, also St Abbs a couple of days ago.
We are heading for Norfolk for a week or so tomorrow

View attachment 213339
Tip top pop top that I likes it

View attachment 213339
Lovely area and lovely road.

MrsA always braces herself for my terrible humour when we swing off the A9 up towards Tay and I ritually say "Oh good, Crieff!"

We made it to Greece and am now camped about 25Km over the border at Camping Drepano (near Igoumentsia). This sit is excellent with, I'm guessing, fairly modern facilities, a taverna and the Ionian Sea on each side, but only one of them has direct access. We couldn't get a pitch right on the water but we can see it from either side - the sea is also much warmer than anything we've encountered thus far and Corfu can be seen in the distance. Although I was complimentary about our site last yesterday in Albania (Legjenda), I'm afraid that I can't say the same for the rest of the country (or, at least, the bits that we saw). The whole place seems to be very untidy and dirty with seriously crappy roads in places and even crappier driving standards everywhere (so much so that my wife suggested exploring options for a ferry to Italy for the return journey!). That said, I had heard previously that it was a really cheap place to live and that was borne out by the excellent on-site restaurant last night with two large beers, two bottles of water, a greek salad for two and two really nice spaghetti bolognaises for the princely sum of €15 (the rest of the €20 note that I gave them went into the tip).
This is Camping Drepano and their beach - try hard and you can see the Ionian in the first two..
View attachment 213295View attachment 213296View attachment 213297
Think it was "Reds on tour" from youtube who did the ferry from Greece to Italy. Said they wouldn't do it again.

Tip top pop top that I likes it
Thank you. It's a skyline custom canvas. It was a free upgrade with the bi-fold bed board when we ordered the roof in their autumn sale a couple of years back. We wanted to keep the orange accents theme going.

Reactions: MrD
Back