Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

We've been camped in Koroni for a couple of days now at, unsurprisingly, Camping Koroni which is down near the bottom of The Peloponnese in Greece. We've not paid the bill yet but it's a lovely site with a pool newly kitted out sanitary facilities and shade pitches (which are needed as temps are in the mid 30s as they have been ever since we crossed into Croatia!). There's a nice on-site taverna here and also a pool with loads of sunbeds and brollies if that's your thing. The sandy beach is accessed by some steps and is long but fairly narrow and the water is warm and crystal clear for a bit of snorkelling but even quite a way out in deep water, there's not much to see by way of marine life. You can get to the town itself along the beach or road and there's bundles of reasonably priced tavernas for for and drink and as nice but tatty venetian castle on the headland overlooking everything. We had planned on staying down here for a while but the availability of spaces on the ferry to Italy (thus avoiding the return via Albania) means we need to bring things forward by a few days.
Koroni Pitch.jpgKoroni Beach.jpgKoroni Town.jpg

PS. After booking and paying for the ferry, we discovered that the Gotthard Tunnel was closed and we now need an alternate route back to France - first thought is Bari to the Frejus Tunnel and into France around Lyon but any other suggestions appreciated.

PS. After booking and paying for the ferry, we discovered that the Gotthard Tunnel was closed and we now need an alternate route back to France - first thought is Bari to the Frejus Tunnel and into France around Lyon but any other suggestions appreciated.
We're starting the trek back from Zadar on Monday, planning on going via Como and Switzerland as we have a Swiss vignette anyway and Mrs B doesn't like tunnels. Aim to reach Cherbourg for Thursday 18:00 ferry to Poole.

Supposed to have been at Ullswater Leisure, staying in one of the pods however after the T6 got a new pressure sensor and EGR pipe sorted this morning, MOT this afternoon; the break line on driver side failed during testing so waiting to see if we can get the van fixed tonight and drive it down (2+ hours) or we will be piling everything into the Golf and hoping it fits. I'd cry if I wasn't laughing at the situation. Hottub and beer have been calling since I dropped the van off for the MOT

Supposed to have been at Ullswater Leisure, staying in one of the pods however after the T6 got a new pressure sensor and EGR pipe sorted this morning, MOT this afternoon; the break line on driver side failed during testing so waiting to see if we can get the van fixed tonight and drive it down (2+ hours) or we will be piling everything into the Golf and hoping it fits. I'd cry if I wasn't laughing at the situation. Hottub and beer have been calling since I dropped the van off for the MOT
Break line fixed and MOT passed. Got down to Penrith half 8 last night. Is a beer for breakfast acceptable ?

I drove from Folkestone in Kent to Telford to collect some black LWB rear shuttle panels. Was supposed to get some black velle door cards of another seller but they chose to sell them to someone else which was bloody annoying.

Took a detour to the Ironbridge before heading home.

Angel of a journey there, no traffic, smooth sailing. Nightmare drive home. Almost rear ended a Mercedes at high speed on the last stretch of the m20 as he and a bmw were having road rage and they stamped on brakes; he was in middle lane and swerved out to outside lane. Missed them by a whisker - contents went flying as you can imagine. IMG_8723.jpegIMG_8717.jpeg

We love Ironbridge. If you pass regularly can be worth grabbing the Ironbridge Museum annual ticket, we very often use it to break our journey between roadtrips to the north and getting home. Proper fish and chips in a Victorian High Street rather than burger and sad fries served to you by a board teenage for a small fortune in the services.

We love Ironbridge. If you pass regularly can be worth grabbing the Ironbridge Museum annual ticket, we very often use it to break our journey between roadtrips to the north and getting home. Proper fish and chips in a Victorian High Street rather than burger and sad fries served to you by a board teenage for a small fortune in the services.
Yeh it’s a 3.5 hour drive - I did get a nice pork pie and pasty from Eley’s though!!

IMG_6083.jpeg
IMG_6085.jpeg
Nice little campsite, Le Moulin de l'Angle, near Rochefort, France got the whole site to ourselves, it’s situated next to a couple of canal’s and very close to a national cycling route that runs from Roscoff down into Spain, the only down side is the Mozzies, persistent little s?&£@

Yeh it’s a 3.5 hour drive - I did get a nice pork pie and pasty from Eley’s though!!
That's the other top venue. If we've been up for the day I parkup down by the Museum of the Gorge when I can get the tailgate up and kettle on and usually walk up to Eley's with the younguns to see the bridge and grab some grub for tea before we head home.

That's the other top venue. If we've been up for the day I parkup down by the Museum of the Gorge when I can get the tailgate up and kettle on and usually walk up to Eley's with the younguns to see the bridge and grab some grub for tea before we head home.
Yeh I’ve just had it for my dinner

I parked here as it really was a flying visit. There quite a few overnight campers of the motorhome variety here and chatted to a couple who said was very flexible and pretty cheap to park £4 for 10am-5pm.

IMG_8739.png

Back