Welcome new members

Hi all, I've had my T6 camper for a couple of months and have been amazed at the amount of useful info on this forum. I've mostly had 90s Jap cars so going to a modern VW has been a bit of a shock (which I bought instead of my dream RX7, I must be mad, or getting old).

The plan is to use it as a day van for going places with the dogs, visit family at extreme ends of the UK (Cornwall and Orkney), and to travel a bit further afield in Europe. And crucially, it is a SWB so I can use it for work which is irregularly visiting datacentres in the UK/Europe while being able to remote work in the back.

I've had to tweak a few bits to make it more "me" but very happy with it so far.

View attachment 236372

But it has essentially become a rather expensive kennel
View attachment 236373
Welcome along @Tripp , good to have you! Beautiful doggos! Enjoy us! There is a doggy thread on here, well worth putting a photo on there too!

Welcome along @Broadsword22 , I warmly remember the phrase 'disposable income', those monies I used to have before ownership! Seriously, you will love everything the van brings, apart from poverty!

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you wish to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forum. You may find your question has already been ask, so a search is always recommended.

If you wish to sell or place a wanted advert within our classified sub-forum, then you’ll need to upgrade your free account to a VIP account by clicking here.

The forum rules can be found by clicking here whilst FAQ’s on using the forum can be found here.
Hi mate I have a t6.1 Sportline and a t6.1 caravelle. So love the vw’s. Sadly I need to sell the girlfriends Caravelle. Is it possible to sell it on your site if I upgrade to vip. Also roughly how successful is it? I know it may sound like a weird question. And could you also recommend anywhere else worth selling in on? Thanks Kev

Reactions: CAB
Hi mate I have a t6.1 Sportline and a t6.1 caravelle. So love the vw’s. Sadly I need to sell the girlfriends Caravelle. Is it possible to sell it on your site if I upgrade to vip. Also roughly how successful is it? I know it may sound like a weird question. And could you also recommend anywhere else worth selling in on? Thanks Kev
Hi Kev. Yes, VIP membership entitles you to post a For Sale thread for your van.

I can't speak to the success rate, though I guess that will be significantly influenced on how keenly you price it - folks on here tend to be fairly clued-up as to expected values and you'll probably get feedback if you're too much out of whack.

I'd suggest you use Auto Trader in parallel.

GLWS :thumbsup:

Thanks for your advice, do you have a specific section for vehicles for sale or is it a general for sale section.

Thanks for your advice, do you have a specific section for vehicles for sale or is it a general for sale section.
It's a general section, but if you add relevant tags ("selling-up", "kombi", etc.) it'll make searching easier for prospective purchasers.

If you scroll down the home page you will find a dedicated for sale/wanted sub forum

Here’s a direct link for it

Thought I’d say Hi!

I’m Speedypepper and I’m definitely not new here but it’s been a while - think the last time I was around was 2014ish!!

Was first around back in 2009 with my SWB T4 Hightop ‘Trev’, then with another SWB T4 Tin top known as ‘Polly Pepper’ followed by another known as ‘The Beast’, then a fully converted T5.1 by AJC Conversions, simply known as ‘The Van’, which was sold in 2021

I’m now back from the ‘I haven’t got a van doldrums’ with a 2017 SWB T6 purchased at the weekend that I’m starting from scratch with again and my kids have called ‘Bob!’

Looking forward to checking out people’s vans, and getting to some meets and getting to meet new faces and old!

I doubt anyone will remember me but if you do, please say hi! It’s been a very long time no see! Speedypepper now comes as a unit of three with two mini peppers aged 8 and 5! So yeah it’s definitely been far too long!

And for friends I’ve yet to meet - hello! Nice to be here.Looking forward to getting to know you!

Jayne

IMG_5347.jpeg

IMG_5350.jpeg

IMG_5348.jpeg

IMG_5349.jpeg

IMG_5352.jpeg

IMG_5353.jpeg

IMG_5302.jpeg

IMG_5303.jpeg

IMG_5305.jpeg

IMG_5309.jpeg

Hi guys, i'm new around here and currently driving a t5.1 .
Had it for the past 9 or 10 years and love it .
Sharing a commonality for vdub stuff i wonder if theres room here for us boys with pre t6 models too ?

20240129_142236.jpg
This is our bus and our travel companion Taz .

Hi guys, i'm new around here and currently driving a t5.1 .
Had it for the past 9 or 10 years and love it .
Sharing a commonality for vdub stuff i wonder if theres room here for us boys with pre t6 models too ?

View attachment 237981
This is our bus and our travel companion Taz .
Welcome along @JumpShip , I'm sure nobody will mind you being here as long as we can see the front too! Lovely rear end may I say!

Back