Welcome new members

Hello gang just finished building my T6 Camper now getting ready to use it
Pics? Gotta have pics - it's the currency around these parts, well... pics & beer tokens. ;)

Hi Everyone! Been reading many topics on here over the last few weeks. T6.1 incoming soon. Looking forward to getting stuck into another project (rebuilt an 87 Mini when I was a bit younger!) as it will keep me out of trouble with the Mrs! Or cause some....I'm not sure yet :p

Hi all, I've had my T6 camper for a couple of months and have been amazed at the amount of useful info on this forum. I've mostly had 90s Jap cars so going to a modern VW has been a bit of a shock (which I bought instead of my dream RX7, I must be mad, or getting old).

The plan is to use it as a day van for going places with the dogs, visit family at extreme ends of the UK (Cornwall and Orkney), and to travel a bit further afield in Europe. And crucially, it is a SWB so I can use it for work which is irregularly visiting datacentres in the UK/Europe while being able to remote work in the back.

I've had to tweak a few bits to make it more "me" but very happy with it so far.

photo_2024-04-09_20-56-52.jpg

But it has essentially become a rather expensive kennel
photo_2024-04-10_11-08-21.jpg

Hi all, I've had my T6 camper for a couple of months and have been amazed at the amount of useful info on this forum. I've mostly had 90s Jap cars so going to a modern VW has been a bit of a shock (which I bought instead of my dream RX7, I must be mad, or getting old).

The plan is to use it as a day van for going places with the dogs, visit family at extreme ends of the UK (Cornwall and Orkney), and to travel a bit further afield in Europe. And crucially, it is a SWB so I can use it for work which is irregularly visiting datacentres in the UK/Europe while being able to remote work in the back.

I've had to tweak a few bits to make it more "me" but very happy with it so far.

View attachment 236372

But it has essentially become a rather expensive kennel
View attachment 236373
Welcome along @Tripp , good to have you! Beautiful doggos! Enjoy us! There is a doggy thread on here, well worth putting a photo on there too!

Welcome along @Broadsword22 , I warmly remember the phrase 'disposable income', those monies I used to have before ownership! Seriously, you will love everything the van brings, apart from poverty!

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you wish to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forum. You may find your question has already been ask, so a search is always recommended.

If you wish to sell or place a wanted advert within our classified sub-forum, then you’ll need to upgrade your free account to a VIP account by clicking here.

The forum rules can be found by clicking here whilst FAQ’s on using the forum can be found here.
Hi mate I have a t6.1 Sportline and a t6.1 caravelle. So love the vw’s. Sadly I need to sell the girlfriends Caravelle. Is it possible to sell it on your site if I upgrade to vip. Also roughly how successful is it? I know it may sound like a weird question. And could you also recommend anywhere else worth selling in on? Thanks Kev

Reactions: CAB
Hi mate I have a t6.1 Sportline and a t6.1 caravelle. So love the vw’s. Sadly I need to sell the girlfriends Caravelle. Is it possible to sell it on your site if I upgrade to vip. Also roughly how successful is it? I know it may sound like a weird question. And could you also recommend anywhere else worth selling in on? Thanks Kev
Hi Kev. Yes, VIP membership entitles you to post a For Sale thread for your van.

I can't speak to the success rate, though I guess that will be significantly influenced on how keenly you price it - folks on here tend to be fairly clued-up as to expected values and you'll probably get feedback if you're too much out of whack.

I'd suggest you use Auto Trader in parallel.

GLWS :thumbsup:

Thanks for your advice, do you have a specific section for vehicles for sale or is it a general for sale section.

Thanks for your advice, do you have a specific section for vehicles for sale or is it a general for sale section.
It's a general section, but if you add relevant tags ("selling-up", "kombi", etc.) it'll make searching easier for prospective purchasers.

If you scroll down the home page you will find a dedicated for sale/wanted sub forum

Here’s a direct link for it

Back