When mine (275/35 r20) are at 40psi they looks flat. I just can't get my head around this.

They look right at 47psi. How on earth can people be on 36psi?! Has anyone got a photo of what their tyre looks like at 36 or 40 psi?

IMG_1690.jpeg

The rears are fine. The fronts only have a slight bulge. Van is fully converted.
The bulge doesn’t look that significant from above.

So finally decided to check the tyre pressure. I am on 255/35 20s. They were at 47psi :oops:
Before could feel every little bump which is understandable on 20s. So I have dropped it to 40 and feels so much better. Still feel the bumps but not to the extent of when they were at 47psi.
I will be fitting 245/45 when I come round to changing the tires.

Please put me out of my missery.

After reading this entire thread and several others, I concluded I should fit 275/35/20 to my soon to arrive Navis Twin 5s (9” front and rear). T28. This is what VW speck etc. lots of good info in this thread.

I spoke to the tyre shop and they suggested 275/40 for comfort.

This threw me. Pretty sure I read upstream this would put the Speedo out by 5%?

I need to go with the 35s right?

After reading this entire thread and several others, I concluded I should fit 275/35/20 to my soon to arrive Navis Twin 5s (9” front and rear). T28. This is what VW speck etc. lots of good info in this thread.

You can run 40’s but depends how low your van is. 40’s do give a bit more comfort but may rub if you’re low.
I run 35’s because I prefer the look of the reduced sidewall and my van is low.

You can run 40’s but depends how low your van is. 40’s do give a bit more comfort but may rub if you’re low.
I run 35’s because I prefer the look of the reduced sidewall and my van is low.

Okay thanks for the info. I’m only going 40-50 so not low. I don’t want the speedo or gearing to change.

Anyone running 245/45 20s and lowered?

Thinking of going to them next as want more side wall and possibly more comfort. Got mine dropped 70mm at CRS and he recommended 245/45s

Cheers. What’s the ride like. Currently on 255/35s. Not too bad but wanting a more comfy ride which I know on 20s is near impossible.

Anyone running 245/45 20s and lowered?

Thinking of going to them next as want more side wall and possibly more comfort. Got mine dropped 70mm at CRS and he recommended 245/45s
Yep and like you I went to CRS, I’m 60mm lowered. All feels good and no longer any rub (had 275/40/20 before, same sidewall height)

Dependant on your wheel size you can also go with a 255/40 or a 275/35 . Either way your tyre shop is 100% wrong a 275/40 is too big for any transporter- only used because it cheap and people who have no clue.
For T32 a 265/40 is correct and I believe Supermetal has just got TUV on this size.

Dependant on your wheel size you can also go with a 255/40 or a 275/35 . Either way your tyre shop is 100% wrong a 275/40 is too big for any transporter- only used because it cheap and people who have no clue.
For T32 a 265/40 is correct and I believe Supermetal has just got TUV on this size.
What tyre brand do you recommend and how many miles are you getting from a set?

Goodyear F1. We run around 36-40 psi. 15k miles are achievable easily - make sure your alignment is spot on.

Thank you, in the end I went 255 40 and went elsewhere to avoid confusion.

So I am looking for a new set of tyres. I have no clue when it comes to wheels and tyres.
I have on at the minute 255/35/20 on I believe 10 wide alloys but not certain.
I am wanting a little more side wall for better ride ( I know on 20s it’s very hard) and a little wider tyre to protect the alloys a little better.
Would a 265/40/20 be a good option. Heard people say 245/45/20 but believe they will be stretched on my wheel.
Cheers.

Back