2017 204PS BiTDi - Seized turbo!

Just driven to Brittany, done almost 300miles, it did a regen after 85 miles with only 8.5g ash mass and freaked me out but since then is over 200 miles on top of that and has round about 24g now and not regenning yet so looking like we’re back on track! So pleasant to park and not regen constantly happening :)

We’re in the Alps now, like you say it’s so nice not noticing the regens and them being so unoften.

Also funny was last year we stayed in the same overnight stay as this year in Dijon and we were on fumes when we got there, this year we had 150 miles left in the tank!! Shows you how hard it must’ve been working with a clogged cat and dpf and a already failing turbo!

0A9029D9-A413-497A-A71A-22FB0456B7F8.jpeg

new thread created to bring all this together. . .

Update:

I could go on for ages, but here’s where I’m at after everything.

Turbo replaced, as described in much detail above. Seems to be functioning fine.
DPF now replaced. This was a pain in the a$$. New DPF from VW is £1700+VAT, but on back-order and not easy to get. I went with a refurbished DPF at £1200+VAT. They claim it’s as good as new, should last forever, and they have a warranty.

So far so good! I hope I’m out of the weeds.

I’ll tolerate the oil usage on my 204ps and keep it topped up. I hear from all sides that this is typical.

I hope this is the end of my turbo and DPF woes. I’m £5500 poorer but still absolutely loving my van. It’s totally bloody irrational, I know.
@RunDSG Where did you get the DPF from for £1200+VAT, was it the main dealer?

Back